“Great Food, Great Owner”
Review of Sweet Spice

Sweet Spice
Ranked #97 of 904 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant that offers authentic caribbean and american cuisine.Our goal is to share the caribbean exotic flavors all over the world..
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I try to have lunch at sweet spice at least once every 2 weeks. Caribbean jerk chicken is one of my favorite dishes and sweet spice's version is the best I've had (including the ones I've had in Jamaica). Donovan is a cool guy that makes everyone feel welcome. I strongly recommend giving sweet spice a try!

1  Thank StephenDB315

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The service at sweet spice is the best you'll find in town. The owner and staff is very friendly. They really care about their customers. They serve the best Jamaican food I've eaten in savannah, trust me I'm Jamaican. They never disappoint.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great food once you try it you'll be back for more. Nice friendly people and the drinks are amazing. If your in savannah come on waters and check them out. Cool owner very friendly and greets everyone with a smile. The best Caribbean food I ever had.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We did like this restaurant's food and the fact that it is something different in Savannah, but to rate it #1 among the restaurant's of this great food city is to invite disappointment. The mostly take-away restaurant cannot offer the comfort and service you would expect with that rating. That being said, they offer a great product at great price and good Caribbean home cooking and that's a treat any day!

1  Thank wisedaughter
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Tasty - lots of flavor in the meat. We ordered the 3 meat sampler (ox, curry chicken, jerk.) They were all very well flavored. Good portions. The cabbage and carrots was fine. The rice was just fine... nothing special. Next time, I would order more veggies.
I ordered the pineapple with ginger drink. Loved it. The other person in my party didn't care for it.
Like to order the fish dishes the next time we are there.
Think it's a little bit pricey though considering the restaurant has 4-5 tables... and is a 'quick fast food' place. For 2 people, the bill was close to $50 (including tips.)