“Best Food and Friendly Service!”
Review of Sweet Spice

Sweet Spice
Ranked #26 of 904 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant that offers authentic caribbean and american cuisine.Our goal is to share the caribbean exotic flavors all over the world..
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just stopped in after reading rave reviews and let me tell you, they were right! The people are very warm and inviting and if you don't know what to order or are a newcomer, they will help you out. My daughter and I both ordered beef ribs, curried chicken, and jerk chicken along with cabbage/carrots sides and plantains. All of which were fabulous! The meat was so flavorful and fell off the bone. The jerk chicken must have marinated for hours. We also tried the meat patties, which were sooooooo amazing! I loved the heat in the food because it wasn't overpowering, but added just the right amount of spice. They also offered us a special homemade pineapple/ginger drink which was so delicious and paired up perfectly with the food. We had red velvet cake for dessert and it was yummy! I think anything here would be good. You can tell they take pride in their food and service. I highly recommend!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and my wife were on vacation in Savannah, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. While looking on trip advisor, we came upon "Sweet Spice" #9 on the list of restaurants. Being that we were from Tennessee, we had to give it a try. Well, it was an excellent choice, the food, service, and staff were great. We would recomment "Sweet Spice" to anyone who loves Jamaican food and great service.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We are from Atlanta and we come to Savannah every year for vacation. I read all the good reviews on this place on TripAdvisor and had to check it out. I'm glad I did! The restaurant I in a cut that I would have never discovered on my own. We had the jerk chicken plate with rice & peas and cabbage. We also ordered 2 beef patties. Everything was delicious and perfectly spiced. The chicken was just falling off the bone! This is probably one of the best Jamaican spots that I have discovered other than our regular place in Atlanta. I highly recommend Sweet Spice... you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

First off, thanks to the other reviewers for posting about this place as we never would have tried it or even found it on our own, although we've visited Savannah many times. The location is a little tricky, on the Thunderbolt side of town, off a busy side street and occupying a small end unit of an older strip center with limited parking. That's ok, once inside we were greeted cheerfully and treated to some wonderful food. My wife really enjoyed her order of chicken curry with sides of green beans and mac/cheese. The chicken consisted of two thighs and a chunk of breast meat, and this was the 'small' meal size. I had the curry goat with rice/peas, cabbage/carrots and plantains. The goat was the best example of this dish I've ever had. I've tried it several times before in various Jamaican restaurants in the central Florida area where we live with mixed results; sometimes ok, sometimes tough, stringy and overly gamey tasting. Sweet Spice does it right, fall off the bone tender and simmered with a flavorful brown curry gravy that has just the right amount of kick to compliment the distinctive flavor of the meat. The sides were good too; I enjoyed the cabbage/ carrot combo the most, a nice pile of thin strips seasoned and sautéed until tender. We couldn't resist getting a couple of deserts from the case up front to take back to our room and settled on a slice of coconut cake and carrot cake...both delicious. Sweet Spice is definitely worth seeking out when you're in the mood for something a little out of the ordinary. I highly recommend it and look forward to our next visit.

Donavon S, Guest Relations Manager at Sweet Spice, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you and help us to grow more by telling family and friends.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The patties are homemade. Curry goat tender, beef rib savory. Very good service. Best sweet tea in Savannah!

1  Thank Blake W