“DO NOT book a tour with this company!”
Review of Hostess City Tours, LLC - CLOSED

Hostess City Tours, LLC
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hostess City Tours, LLC offers our guests fun and informative walking tours for all ages. Three unique tour experiences to choose from. All tours led by professional, fully licensed guides.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

DO NOT go on a tour with this company! What a scam. The worst experience I have had in Savannah. I booked a week before (with my groupon deal) showed up with my group and a bunch of others for the pub crawl at the time We were told, and there was no guide to be found. Waited 45 minutes and had enough. I called the office number (as well as some of the others) No answer. One would think that if by some chance the tour was canceled, They would have notified us. But of course, I have yet to hear from them. Groupon gave me a full refund. I wish I had seen these reviews before hand... Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

There were at least 15 people waiting for 45 minutes but no one showed up. I reported them to the BBB and to Groupon. Stay away from Hostess City Tours

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Like others, I had a living social deal. Never again will I recommend or go with them. We were there at 8:20 and like everyone else said, "no one showed up.". We stayed until 9 thinking the guide who walked up was our tour. We ended up going with him. So much better and ya, we lost money via living social but maybe it was a sign this company wasn't worth it. If you have tours at 8:30 you should still be open to make sure your customers are served. We called at 8:20 to make sure we were in the right spot, no answer and we didn't bother to leave a message. I am curious to know how many others were suppose to go with this company but just what we did.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I purchased tickets a month in advance from living social. this is a scam!!!! if you google the address for the tour's office, its a house for sale in a bad area. Of course the phone is a no answer and the mail box is full where you cant even leave a message. soooo furious because we were there waiting 45 minutes before it started an no one came! Living social will refund my money but i wish these damn scam artists would find a real job and stop stealing from people. How do you sleep at night doing this??

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Like some of the other posters we were scheduled for the Savannah Spirits tour on Friday, June 15th. I booked the tour several weeks in advance. I also called the day of the tour to confirm and I was told to be at the Colonial Park Cemetary at 8:30pm. We drove in from Tybee Island (25minutes away) to take the tour. We were there 15 minutes in advance. There was another tour starting but after checking with her office that guide stated that we were booked with another company. After making several calls to the office and leaving messages, we decided to leave at about 25 minutes after the tour was to start. I even tried calling their office the next day to get an explanation but they would never answer my calls (I'm guessing they have caller id.)

It was so unbelieveably unprofessional! There are lots of tour companies in Savannah - use one of those and stay far away from this company!

1  Thank tink1016