“How hot do you like it?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #189 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Best Caribbean Cuisine is a West Indies family owned and operated restaurant conveniently locatedat 7094 Hodgson Memorial Drive (Eisenhower Shopping Plaza) in Savannah, Georgia.Our food is beautifully presented and bursting with exotic Island flavors. We bring an authentic tasteof Creole and Caribbean flavor. Whether you're from the United States of America, Jamaica, Bahamas, Cuba, Puerto Rico,Dominica, Trinidad, Virgin Island, Haiti, or any other island near or far; the Best Caribbean Cuisine is the sweetest and most sultry taste around complete with all the fixins. Our Creole and Caribbean comfort food is sure to satisfy any appetite.Bring your friends and family and experience our down home cooking for yourself. We have the best foodaround and a warm casual and relaxing atmosphere to match. Our recipes are authentic and time-tested.The ingredients are always fresh. The result is a menu that is bursting with flavor and a certain "Je ne sais quoi".You'll never forget your first time! You will be back for more...Best Caribbean Cuisine is open 6 day a week for lunch and dinner. No reservations required, you can evenbring your own drink (B.Y.O.B.) Dine In or Carry Out.
Savannah, Georgia
“How hot do you like it?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

It is funny to me that people want to be nice and they even rate the Waffle House as Excellent. I love the Waffle House but we all know it is no excellent. I try to be fare in my reviews and "Very Good" is as high as I am going to go.
My lovely wife and I were here for lunch. It is a small clean restaurant. Two of the larger tables were chained off to keep people from sitting in a place meant for special occasions and large parties. Menus were place on the tables in lines that were of military precision. My wife decided on the "West Indies Homemade Grilled Burger" and it was delicious. Has a light Caribbean flavor. Just right. A great burger. Now here is where I went off the tracks. I ordered the Spicy Jerk Chicken Bowl. Now the nice lady that waited on me asked if I wanted it spicy. I said "not to spicy, don't set my hair on fire." Well I am sure I did not convey what I wanted well enough. Don't make that mistake tell them you don't want it spicy if you don't want your hair on fire. The chef brought me my chicken bowl and said spicy is good for you blood pressure. That should have been and may have been my warning. Well It was soooooooooooo spicy I could not eat it. Now here is another curious thing and I don't know if it is meant to be that way or not but the chicken was as we say in the south pulled or shredded and it was also filled with bones. Little chicken rib bones different kinds of bones. You have to be careful. I don't know as I said if it is supposed to be that way or it was an oversight.

• Visited July 2014

Savannah, Georgia
“Have to go to restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Excellent restaurant, ordered and shared 4 different plates, coconut bread and wings as appetizer and everything was very good. Chef Batiste will bring you the food when it is ready. Everything is cooked when ordered. I will bet with no doubt that you cannot go wrong with anything ordered.
BYOB is an option, no alcohol is sold here.
Will return whenever in Savannah.
Do not miss this little gem!!!!

Savannah, GA
“Very good Caribbean food, somewhat similar to Soul Food--excellent flavors!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Whenever we come to this very good restaurant there are so few people there, and I feel awful because the food really is wonderful, the owner/chef is kind and attentive, the place is neat and well-placed in an easy to find spot with plenty of parking--please go for a visit soon so Savannah doesn't lose this great restaurant. The food here is very good, especially the oxtail and turkey wings, and even the sides are delicious and well-made--this is a failure in a lot of other places that don't take the time to make the side dishes well--even the rice and peas were moist, tasty and satisfying on their own! My hubby likes the Jerk Curried Chicken and whether you eat in or take it out, you get PLENTY! Do try the Caribbean meatballs for an appetizer because they are tender, beautifully seasoned bits of Wonderful! The Jamaican meat pies are great hot or cold, and have a delicately flaky crust and plenty of filling. He also serves the Jamaican Coco Bread here, which is so good you'll want to take a few home for later--soft and buttery with the barest hint of coconut flakes inside, and they make perfect sandwiches with the left-over jerk chicken the next day. If you've usually steered away from a goat-meat dish, prepare to love the ones here! The flavor is not strong or unpleasant like you think it would be, but soft, savory and delicious. Good lunches, great for take-out, pleasant atmosphere, clean and neat, though a tad warm during the summer. The prices are reasonable for such well-done food that is authentically flavored and cooked so perfectly. Do bring some friends, order a cold beer and let's support this wonderful Caribbean restaurant as it deserves!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Heart_of_Imladris
“I enjoy the food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I actually checked out the place with my husband. The food was great. Since I don't live near my mom, I come here when I need a dose of Haitian food.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food, but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food was okay--I had the Conch Legume. However, I came here, out of my way, for a Groupon deal. To make the value of the Groupon, I had to order a soda in addition to the iced tea, and the lady there brought me a really sugary soda, which I traded for something a little more healthy. For the meal, I ordered vegie sides; but, when the food came, the lady said I couldn't eat the dish without a side of rice. Uh, couldn't she have told me that before I ordered? Thus, I feel I was duped into buying more than the value of the Groupon, which I really don't appreciate.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Diane_Donovan
Pierrot B, Owner at Best Caribbean Cuisine, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing to dine at Best Caribbean Cuisine. As a owner and chef I was not aware that there was an issue with my valued patron. When our establishment chose to market with Groupon it was our intent and has been our mission to offer great food at a great value. It has never been our intent to mislead any customer. Groupon has a specific value based on the option that you choose. -To ensure that our patrons are aware of the groupon policy it has been posted at each table since we first began the promotion. Our groupon states that the offer is not valid on lunch and can not be combined with any other offers or discounts. Here at Caribbean Cuisine our number one priority is our Customer! We welcome all comments and concerns from our patrons. Please feel free to speak with myself Chef Baptiste or a member of management with any concerns. Again thank you for your business.