“Lovely stay, wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zeigler House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Zeigler House Inn
Ranked #14 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Lovely stay, wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was by far the nicest place I have ever stayed. The house itself is beautiful, wonderfully furnished, and very romantic. The room we stayed in, Auvergne, was exquisite, with a king sized bed, a non-working fireplace, and a luxurious bathroom (only a shower, no bath). The house is also geographically convenient, about a 5 minute walk to Forsyth Park and maybe a 15 minute walk to the river, which is the other border of downtown historic Savannah. The neighborhood is lovely, with beautiful homes and chichi boutiques lining the street.

However, what really set this B & B apart is the fantastic hospitality. From our booking (6 months in advance) til the end of our stay, Jackie was a superb host. She gave us tons of information about our stay, more than we could ever need for the weekend! She even spent 10 minutes with us describing local lunch places, even though she was hosting a wedding in her living room in an hour! She was also super flexible when our flight was delayed about 6 hours and we arrived in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

The nicest thing about this place was the "Breakfast" part of B and B--I have to say that Jackie has OVERinterpreted this, in a fabulous way! When we arrived, ravenous, at 3 am, there were 3 containers of fresh baked goods waiting for us, a bunch of packaged snacks, and juice, English muffins, and water bottles in the fridge, along with fresh fruit in a bowl. It seemed like a miracle to us weary travelers! And then everything was replenished daily during our stay--we couldn't even eat all the baked goods, and I was able to take some home! I also liked that we could eat in our room--there's no communal eating, which although some people like it, can be awkward, especially when you are just looking for a romantic getaway. Her living room, however, is open for guests to wile away time in, and there is always fresh coffee and tea, sherry, and more baked goods.

I definitely want to revisit the Zeigler House, and I have already recommended it to all of my friends and family for when they visit Savannah.

Room Tip: The Auvergne was nice, but there are some rooms with private balconies. We just booked too late and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My title is deliberate. This beautiful Inn has the most delicious dessert, and freshly baked treats you could ever ask for! I will get to that in more detail shortly.... let's start with the hospitality and the actual Inn.
Located on Jones Street, just a stones throw from all that historic Downtown has to offer, the Zeigler house is gorgeous. Decorated to the hilt, but not pretentious, it reminded me of my Great Aunts home.... with dark wood floors, bright windows and elegant paintings, the setting could surely be used in any movie from many time periods. We arrived shortly after 2pm on Friday and were greeted by Hillary, a staff member, and Jackie, the owner. Although we were slightly early, we were shown to our room after being orientated with the layout of Zeigler House and Historic Savannah. The room was just as it was pictured. We had the third floor Auvergne Suite. Located in the front portion of the house, the natural light was wonderful. The bathroom gorgeous, and fitted with a stand up shower, dual sinks, and toiletries you come to expect in any 5 star hotel.
The bed was fantastic. I forgot to ask where they got the pillows, since I simply fell in love with them!
There were pastries set up in our little kitchenette, as well as a fridge with drinks, all ready for our stay. As it is mentioned almost anywhere you read about Zeigler HOuse, there is NO hot breakfast... which is fine by me, we couldn't believe how yummy the baked goods were that are left for you daily. And don't worry, FRESH is the right word... they are fresh! If you absolutely need a hot breakfast, then head to Clary's Cafe, just a short walk from the Inn. It is just like the diner you grew up going to on Sunday after Church.
I wont ruin any of the other surprises that JAckie has in store for her guests, but you will be extremely happy staying at this Inn.
If you want to know about tours and other places here is what we did:
1. The Afterlife Tour: Great tour given by a local who is studying paranormal activity in Savannah.
2. Savannah Dan's HIstorical Day Tour: Very entertaining and informative. Wish he were my history teacher in school... I might have learned a few things!
3. Dinner at the Pirate House Restaurant. Have the Pan fried chicken!
4. Shop in the Market Square. Go enjoy the samplings that Byrd's FAmous Cookie shop offers
5. Milkshakes were awesome at Leopold's Ice CReam Shop
6. Enjoy a Crispin Cider Beer at Six Pence to escape the heat... you will thank me for it

And if you don't have any idea where to eat, ask Jackie, she will steer you in the right direction and make reservations for you.

**If you are going during the month of October then head over to the Lucas Theater and see a throwback movie on Saturday night... they are playing features like BEETLEJUICE and other family oriented movies. We were sad that we were missing out on this.

I hope this helps in making a decision on where to stay :)

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with any of them is my guess... we enjoyed ours on the third floor. If you need wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poppingupdaisies
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We certainly choose the right B&B for our first visit to Savannah. The hostess makes the experience and Jackie was the best

The room was perfect and the home spotless. Location is in a quiet section of the historic district and you can walk anywhere from the spot.

We will come again

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Paul Y
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

From the moment Jackie, the owner, met us outside with the key to our room, we knew the Zeigler House Inn was going to be special. Our ground floor room was lovely, with a well-stocked kitchenette full of complimentary breakfast items and drinks, the patio with cushioned couch and chairs sported a fountain, and the 5 o'clock wine and hors d'oeuvres hour in the beautiful parlor was an outstanding experience! Spend time talking to Jackie because she is southern hospitality personified!

Room Tip: We were in the French Country room. The bed is enormous, the bathroom is spacious and the patio is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jill E
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the Zeigler House Inn in July this year. The rooms were gorgeous, we stayed in the Provence and French Country rooms and they were perfect as they were adjoining so we had the whole bottom floor of the house to ourselves. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The fresh baked goods for breakfast were delicious. Jackie was fantastic and made us feel very welcome. We got caught up and didn't arrive until late at night but Jackie waited up for us and was very inviting, showing off the Southern Hospitality I'd heard so much about! Thank you Jackie, I'd definitely recommend Zeigler House Inn to any friends or family heading to Savannah.

Room Tip: French Country and Provence were lovely!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Zeigler House is a beautiful bed & breakfast located in the Historic district in walking distance of Old Savannah. The atmosphere is exceptionally warm and friendly and Jackie the owner cannot do enough to please you from the fresh baked gems every day to great insights as to where to go for sightseeing and eating. There may be other good B&B's in Savannah but this is where we shall return to over and over.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greenford8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Zeigler House Inn is without a doubt the best bed and breakfast experience I have ever had. I decided to take my sister on a six-day surprise trip and knew that Savannah would be a fun, cutesy place to go. Going with the theme of a southern, charming, hospitable stay, I picked this inn because of all the amazing reviews of Jackie, the staff, and the rooms.

I honestly can't imagine a better place for us to have stayed. Jackie was sweet and kind as soon as we walked in the door. She waited up late for us to arrive, gave us the BEST recommendations of restaurants, etc, and even helped us carry our bags up to our room.

The entire rest of the stay continued to get better each day. The sheets were seriously the softest sheets I've ever slept on, Jackie's homemade breakfasts were better than treats from a bakery (the lemon poppyseed muffins were out of this world), and the location was just perfect.

I would HIGHLY recommend this inn to anyone staying in Savannah!

• Stayed August 2013
innkeeper57, Owner at Zeigler House Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you girls for such a lovely review. It was definitely our pleasure to have you stay with us. We enjoyed every minute. We'll look forward to seeing you all again in the future.