We are nearing our 4th trip to Savannah and our 4th stay at the Zeigler House Inn and I realized I don't think I have done a review of this fantastic place. Shame on me!
My husband and I love the extra amenities that come with a B&B, but we also like our privacy and don't really love the communal aspects of a typical B&B experience. Jackie at the Zeigler House Inn caters to both! You can stay in an upstairs room in the main house and have the full-on B&B experience, as she lives on site, or you can stay in one of 3 rooms on the street level of the house. Each of these have a private street entrance and a private patio. Because breakfast is in your room at Zeigler House Inn, you can make your experience as private or as social as you'd like it to be, depending on your own personality and preferences.
There are too many wonderful things about this inn, so I'll try to hit the highlights that keep us coming back for each visit to Savannah:
- Beautiful historic Inn with large, well appointed rooms
- Very lovely and comfortable common areas upstairs include a beautiful covered porch; a "snack" room that always has desserts and a coffee bar and on Friday & Saturday evenings hosts complimentary wine and a buffet of freshly made appetizers. Evening port and sherry are also available; and a cozy living room.
- Rooms are large, reasonably priced, beautiful, have kitchenettes and large baths, and unbelievable feather beds with wonderfully soft bedding.
- Street level rooms offer privacy, private entrances, and private patios.
- Each room comes stocked with more snacks than you can eat (crackers, candy, pretzels, fresh fruit, juices, sodas, water, coffee, milk, yogurt, bagels/english muffins, etc.).
- Each afternoon Jackie bakes you 3 boxes of delicious baked goods for the following morning's breakfast.
- Location is ideal - walking distance to everything.
- Private parking behind the Inn.
- Jackie herself is FANTASTIC and will give you as much attention or privacy as you desire.
- Always find fresh flowers in the room.
- The food, the food, the food, the food. Yum!
Our first visit was March 2009. We returned in July 2010 and again in October 2010. We stayed in the Provence Room on our first visit (loved it) and in the Lafayette Room on our second and third visits (loved it more!). Our 4th visit is coming up and we'll be in the French Country Room. If you are looking for a romantic, comfortable, delicious place to stay, I don't think you'll do better than the Zeigler House Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top value and extraordinary comforts of Savannah’s privileged gentlefolk are enjoyed at Zeigler House Inn, a stately lumber-magnate's mansion turned top-tier mini-hotel / B&B. Magnificently placed along legendary Jones Street in the Savannah historic district, room rates include Jackie's (daily) mini la pastisserie magasin [Pastry Shop] style dessert bar, in-room breakfast (perhaps in bed, featuring sweet and savory breakfasts, fruit, yogurt), plus snacks, beverages & parking. Add pre-dinner appetizers Friday and Saturday only. Unique tour packages and ultimate privacy are the hallmarks! Seven (7) extraordinarily roomy accommodations, each with full- or mini-kitchen, feature plush custom beds, al fresco spaces, and whirlpool baths. Golfer & caterer-turned-innkeeper Jackie Heinz fascinates guys, gals, and couples with a triple experience – sultry Savannah’s southern / generous hospitality and beautiful backdrop, curated French-themed sleep retreats and French pastries, plus more European (German and Austrian) heritage. Jackie will share recipes and invites the media. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zeigler House Hotel Savannah