“Very Tasty!”
Review of Sage - CLOSED

Sage
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sage opened April 4, 2012. A small but impressive restaurant.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The eggplant rollatini was AMAZING!!! Just a bit burned on the bottom, but the filling was rich and creamy!!! The kobee burger was tasty, but about the thickness of a JBC at Wendy's. Rather disappointing. The fries were DELICIOUS! The flan was the best I have ever had!!! Creamy, smooth, melts in your mouth and a nice sized portion. The ambiance is very romantic. The server was very nice. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We happened upon Sage on Friday night as we were exploring downtown Savannah. It was chilly, and we had eaten a late lunch, so we were checking the menu for soup. Chef Christopher Deverson steeped out the door just in time to describe the many specials they were offering. The restaurant is small, only 10 tables plus seating at a bar, but there was no wait. Great things come in small packages, as the service and atmosphere are unique, sophisticated and inviting. We sat at the bar and were endless entertained with the company pf the Bar Manager Sidney Lance. He mixed a delicious cocktail for us, and told us stories of Savannah. Spanish guitar music sets the perfect contemporary vibe as you dine and catch up.

The Cauliflower potato soup was delightful. The perfect serving for a light dinner, along with Truffle Fries which were crisp and perfectly salted. We will be sure to return, this time with an appetite. All of the entrees sounded delicious and we look forward to visiting again this summer.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Dined here Saturday evening, 3/23/2013. A total of 9 in our party. Seated upstairs--could not have been more lovely. We all enjoyed a variety of menu items and all were excellent. The Chef, Chris Deverson, continuosly stopped to chat and explain menu items and check on us ladies throughout the evening. Truffle Fries--amazing. No rushing here. Had plenty of time to enjoy the food and ambiance. Fun and lively, I suggest a reservation as there are few tables and no one is rushed to leave. Don't leave Savannah without a meal at Sage. Bartender, Sidney, is also a delight and makes a mean martini!!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I had lunch on Sunday 3/23/2013. Food and service were excellent. Mike, our waiter, was knowledgeable and friendly. Sage has has a Mediteranean flavor. We will definitely be back for dinner! Great food at resonable prices.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

As the title states we never actually made it to the food. When we stepped in to the restaurant it was late in the evening but since it was one of the few places that was still open we thought we'd give it a try. The reviews stated the major was complaint was it was too loud... which it was, but we'll give it try. Also, on the menu posted outside they had country fried steak which I'm a sucker for. The hostess said they had a party upstairs earlier and she wanted to make sure there was a table set up for us and we were welcome to wait at the bar so we did. The bartender was friendly enough and asked what we'd like. My girlfriend ordered a drink..... "oh I'm sorry we're out of amaretto" was the reply... ok... water then. I asked what they had on tap and ordered a beer. After sitting there for another five minutes... still no beer.. or water for that matter. The bartender was still there, counting his tips. Ok, so maybe someone else is getting the beer. Another five minutes and the hostess says there's a table ready upstairs, sans beer or water. We go upstairs and sit down and over comes the waiter. He says "the good news is"... and tells us the special for the evening. The bad new is.... "we're out of" and with no exaggeration he rattles off 12 different things. And here's the best part.... while telling us this I watch him dig in his ear with his finger and then roll something around between his finger and thumb before throwing it on the floor. I swear I'm not making that up. And that was enough for us. We left after that. Not to mention that country fried steak wasn't even on the menu they gave us. But after the waiter's fascination with his own ear wax, country fried steak just didn't sound as appealing. I would never go back here nor would I ever recommend the place to someone else.

3  Thank TimDog77