Tripadvisor
Savannah
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews peach tea carriage house lincoln room forsyth park breakfast was delicious beautiful antiques guest kitchen dipping pool bed and breakfast wonderful hosts casserole every morning own private entrance cookies home away from home working fireplace trip to savannah
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Very authentically restored, yet still with modern (e.g., full range temperature control and mini-fridge in the room) amenities. Huge and clean bathroom. And the owners - gave us and extra room for my family, allowing my 18 old daughter to have her own room! We’ve stayed at many Bed and Breakfasts across the country over the past 35 years and for the home itself, amenities, extra touches (baked goods on eve of arrival) and furnishings it was #1.

Date of stay: January 2020
McMillanInn5, Owner at McMillan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It is so nice & refreshing to hear things & when folks recognize when we try to accommodate peoples needs to the best of our abilities. Wish you folks would have had more time to spend with us. It is hard to see a wonderful family leave once your here. Come again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

The McMillan Inn what a beautiful place. Upon arriving we met the owners Melissa and Eric. They showed us around the Inn. Told us what time breakfast would be served. Checked into our room. We were very pleased with our room. Going out for the evening ran into the owners on our way out. They pointed out places of interest to us. They were very acknowledgeable about the city. The next morning they had a great breakfast. They spoiled my husband with the variety of breakfast items. Something for everyone. The owners made several appearances thought breakfast. They ask everyone if they slept well, if there was anything we needed. They informed us that there was peach tea in the refrigerator to help ourselves to it, and it would be there throughout the day. Also throughout the day the owners made themselves visible just in case their guest needed anything I hated for our time to come to an end it felt like we were leaving family. I would highly recommend the McMillan to all my family and friends.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

To ring in the new year with such a wonderful couple was priceless. We will keep something good on the breakfast table for your much anticipated return.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

My wife and I absolutely love staying at the McMillan every time we are in Savannah. The atmosphere is very welcoming and comfortable just like going home. We have had wonderful experiences with the owners, Eric and Melissa, on every occasion. Even if something went wrong or if we just had a general question about Savannah they were either very close by or just a simple phone call away. They will come fix any issue at any hour of the night. They really are the sweetest most accommodating couple I cannot not rave enough about them. That is just the hospitality we have received not to mention the gorgeous Inn itself. I love how the owners have kept the Victorian style throughout the entire Inn. But, have no fear there are still all the modern things you love like cable and free wi-fi and if you have trouble with that stuff as I do on occasion the owners will happily come try to remedy the situation. This is a beautiful place to stay and just a block away from Forsythe Park! We absolutely love Savannah, the McMillan Inn just really adds that extra comfort I look for in a vacation. I cannot recommend this place enough! You will not regret staying here. I'm pretty sure the owners would do just about anything to make our stay as wonderful as possible and all I have to do is ask. This place really feels like home.

Room tip: If you are looking for even more privacy I recommend staying in the Carriage House
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2020

We booked the inn last minute for a quick get away. The owners accommodated our every need both for the room as well as using the parlor for our ceremony. In the time we spent at the inn whenever i had questions or needed something all i had to do was call and was meet with a pleasant voice from the owners. We did not use the pool but wish we had as the temperature outside was cold.
Cant wait to get back to savanah for another weekend at the McMillan inn.

Date of stay: January 2020

So glad you found us & choose to spend such a wonderful occasion with us!! What a wonderful family & friends. We wish years of joy & happiness for you & your bride.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

This is the most amazing place to stay In Savannah!! Both Melissa and Eric are the best at making you feel comfortable and like you are Family.... Anything you need they will see you get it. Love It..

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Frankie you folks are the best. It is so refreshing when we go to the door & there you guys are!! Please come as often as possible.