“Thumbs Up”
Review of a.Lure

a.Lure
Reserve with OpenTable
a.Lure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 880 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Chef Greg Silver's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements a.lure's rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm-to-fork philosophy is supplemented by thoughtful plating of regionally sourced ingredients, thoughtful presentation and creative flavor combinations. Savannah clams, oysters, local crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the local items on our menu, as well as premium steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.
“Thumbs Up”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our USTA Atlanta City Champion tennis team Plus husbands was in town for state championships. This is our second year dining at Alure and we were blown away again. The staff was outstanding and had no trouble serving our party of 18. The crab cakes, caesar salad, seafood pasta, steaks and fish were excellent. Not one problem the entire night. The atmosphere is terrific and We can't say enough about the ability of this restaurant to make our night 100% amazing. A very special place in a very special city.

• Arabic first
Savannah, Georgia
“Still an excellent choice for a special dinner”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our third dinner at a.lure. My wife was so pleased with her choices last time, she ordered the same dishes; the House-Made Potato Chips with Blue Cheese Fondue and the Seafood Pasta. They honored her request to delete the scallops and added more shrimp and crayfish to the pasta dish. I tried the Balsamic Peppered Strawberry and Honeyed Goat Cheese Salad and liked it. I tried one of the nightly specials, lamb with a sweet potato mash (I am not sure if they call it a mash). The lamb was not as tender as I would have liked but the sweet potato mash was absolutely outstanding. As soon as I put it in my mouth I was surprised and amazed by the flavors. It alone, was worth the price of the entrée. Trust this chef, he or she has some very creative ideas - and they work. Our server, Justin, was very helpful.

“Great Food!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I tried this restaurant for the first time during a recent visit to Savannah. The menu caught my eye as it had some sophisticated and creative dishes not typically found in the City Market area of Savannah which is laiden with touristy sub-par restaurants and sports bars.

The good: The food was outstanding. I ordered the lamb carpaccio for a starter, followed by the ceasar salad, and the duck ravioli for my main course. The starter and main course were fantastic! I was disappointed with the Ceasar salad...it was served warm - they had grilled the lettuce which just made for a wilted mess on the plate, and there wasn't enough dressing. My advice is to skip this dish. For desert though, I tried the goat cheese souffle...again, it was outstanding!

Now for the bad: The atmosphere in the restaurant could use some work....the fluorescent lamps used in the light fixtures cast a horrible cool light over the entire restaurant...its not a flattering warm light and does not make for an appetizing way to enjoy a meal. Secondly, they should really get rid of the wall hung TV in the bar area...a restaurant serving dishes of this quality should not have a nod to the sports bar. Its very out of place and makes it seem like the restaurant has an identity crisis. There are SO many other sports bars in this area, let them cater to that crowd. And third, the jazz fusion music is a bit to "frenzied" for a pleasant dining experience. Maybe this is not playing every night, but it was the night we were there and it was a bit annoying.

Even with taking a few points off for the atmosphere, I would still highly recommend this restaurant for the food and I would definitely go back again.

1 Thank Stella249
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We walked in on a slow Sunday night, since the majority of Savannah is closed on Sunday. Sat at a table in the bar area. There were a few people at the bar. Ordered the cheese plate, Low Country Boil (which was a deconstructed version) and a Crawfish & Snapper pasta dish. Also had a great wine list. Everything was phenominal! Staff was excellent and very attentive. This was the best meal that we ate in Savannah by far! We were sick of eating the fried and mediocre tourist food down by the river and were very happy to come across this spot. Will return.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

You know that feeling when your food arrives at your table and you think, "I'm so glad I ordered that"? Seafood pasta did that for me. Tonight's version had scallops, shrimp and crawfish. It was cooked perfectly and the cream sauce was not too heavy.