“Wonderful restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of a.Lure

a.Lure
Reserve with OpenTable
a.Lure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Chef Greg Silver's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements a.lure's rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm-to-fork philosophy is supplemented by thoughtful plating of regionally sourced ingredients, thoughtful presentation and creative flavor combinations. Savannah clams, oysters, local crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the local items on our menu, as well as premium steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ended up at Alure based upon the recommendation of the front desk at our B&B. We had reservations for 8pm and were about 20 minutes early. Our table wasn't ready so we sat at the bar and had cocktails. Definitely do not skip the cocktails. Several of them are quite original. We were seated shortly after 8pm. Our server was attentive but not pushy. I had the roasted chicken and substituted the parmesean risotto for the fingerling potatoes. The risotto was fabulous. The chicken was quite flavorful as well. My boyfriend had the fish special of the day and he said it was fabulous and cooked perfectly. We were full after our meal so did not partake of the desserts.

Visited June 2013

Valdosta, Georgia
“Romantic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Proposed to my spouse the night we went to eat at this restaurant. The service is Amazing! The atmosphere is magical! The food is superb! One of the Best Experiences I have ever had at a restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
“Under the radar ... definitely worth the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was in Savannah for only a few days last week (first time visiting this fabulous city) and had an extensive list of restaurants to try. Many fantastic options available. A.Lure was recommended in a recent edition of my local AAA magazine and was open late for dinner. I was dining solo and in the City Market area and decided to give it a shot. Instantly welcomed by the friendly staff, my server Stephanie was fabulous, making me feel right at home and recommending both great selections in wine, entree and dessert. The first night I had the fish special. Great option with locally caught seafood and freshly prepared veggies. I wasn't really needing dessert, but I asked Stephanie if there was anything I couldn't live without and she recommended the Goat Cheese Souffle. If you are in Savannah and reading this review, stop, go to A.Lure and order this now. It comes frozen with a passionfruit curd, blackberry lemon sorbet and honey tuile (a crispy wafer cookie) and is phenomenal. I came back the next night with the only intent of ordering that dessert again. I sat at the bar and lightning struck again. The bartender Sonya was amazing. Great drinks (definitely get the Sazerac), excellent recommendations. Just made you feel right at home away from home. Based on her recommendations I tried the Peas and Carrots. They were superb. Sea Scallops with a pea and carrot risotto in this ginger-carrot reduction. Just fantastic. Also tried the house made potato chips with bleu cheese fondue (so rich and wonderful). The food was wonderful, Stephanie, Sonya and the rest of the staff were fantastic. (If I could give six stars to the service rating I would). Thank you so much

• Visited June 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wonderful food, very classic dishes with a fun twist. It is fine dinning but well priced. Portions are generous but not overwhelming. The service is spectacular.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for just a few days and decided to go to this restaurant as it was within walking distance of our hotel. The shrimp and grits was amazing. Be aware there is no children's menu, but they were happy to bring my 6-year-old angel hair pasta with butter and Parmesan (not on the menu).

• Visited June 2013