“Fantastic!!!”
Review of a.Lure

a.Lure
Reserve with OpenTable
a.Lure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Chef Greg Silver's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements a.lure's rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm-to-fork philosophy is supplemented by thoughtful plating of regionally sourced ingredients, thoughtful presentation and creative flavor combinations. Savannah clams, oysters, local crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the local items on our menu, as well as premium steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant based on the reviews. To start I had one of the specialty cocktails, the blood orange martini ... I was surprised that they used fresh squeezed juices, it was fantastic. From there, I just couldn't get past the appetizers! They all sounded do good and totally unique. We decided to eat tapas style, and just eat various appetizers. I loved every single one. The blue cheese chips, the lamb carpaccio, the scallops, the cheese tart, and the krispie Kreme fois gras. Lastly, as a foodie, I had often seen savory ice cream used in tv cooking challenges , but never had the opportunity to try them . Who would think of blue cheese ice cream, crab ice cream, or black pepper ice cream. They were all the perfect pairing with each of our dishes. I can not wait to back and try some more!!!

2  Thank scmom4kids
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We took a group of clients to Alure for dinner and had a terrific experience. I didn't get the bartenders name but he was on top of his game. Engaging, a nice smile, very hospitable. On the way out, he made sure to say "hope we'll being seeing you again soon". Nice touch. Our dinner experience was outstanding. From the Fred Flintstone-sized Shank, to my roasted chicken breast over the mango-pineapple risotto, all were very pleased with their meals. We asked for the music in our back room to be turned down and our waitress was happy to accommodate. She also did a nice job all evening long. She boasted the Chef's homemade ice cream flavors and presented a sampling trio of crab, sweet corn and blue cheese ice cream. Some may love them but our crowd did not. Overall though, two thumbs up.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Black tie or as you are this is one of Savannah's unique restaurants in the historic district. Bread with butter "which tasted amazingly fresh". Cornmeal dusted Chicken livers, Pig ear salad (Not an actual pig ear) and the Sea food pasta. Menu prices or mid range but whole it!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been on a "foodie" vacation from Charleston to Savannah and found ALure one of the best. The menu was unique and the combinations work out great. PEAS AND CARROTS was excellent . We loved the decor ,soft music and the wait staff was the best . Brain call your mother

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Despite a very busy Friday night, we were seated punctually at the time of our 7:30 reservation. My wife and I elected to try the chef's tasting menu (5 courses, not including an amuse bouche and sorbet). For $30 extra, wine accompanied each course. The amuse bouche was a crab salad on a shrimp cracker. The app, seared foie gras with a grilled Krispy Kreme donut and grilled pineapple chutney and pomegranate reduction, was amazing. Each ingrediant was excellent, together magical when paired with a Reisling Ice wine. The soup was shrimp, shiitake and noodle in a miso/dashi broth, merely very good. The first meat course was a pan seared duck breast, duck confit (the best ever!) with cream corn, micro beet greens and sweet corn ice cream. Amazing when paired with a Pinot Noir. Next came lamb tenderloin with cherry demiglace, hericot vert and vanilla infused sweet potato. Excellent with a nice cab. Dessert was good, but our least favorite course. Goat Cheese ice cream with an intense berry sorbet and tuile cookie served with a ginger sparkling wine. Service was also first rate. Attentive but not overly so. When I left the table to use the rest room, I returned to the table to find a fresh napkin at my place setting. This was the best meal I've had in a couple of years.