“This is a winner”
Review of a.Lure

a.Lure
Reserve with OpenTable
a.Lure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 921 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Chef Greg Silver's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements a.lure's rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm-to-fork philosophy is supplemented by thoughtful plating of regionally sourced ingredients, thoughtful presentation and creative flavor combinations. Savannah clams, oysters, local crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the local items on our menu, as well as premium steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Four of us had a great dinner at A.lure. I can recommend the following from the menu: Foie “A La Mode”, the cheese plate, Thai Curry Duck and the Beef Tournados. The taste and presentation were first class. The service was equally top notch. The ambiance was pleasant combining comfortable modern fixtures in a historic building right in the heart of Savannah’s City Market. The only issues are parking, which is always problematic in downtown Savannah, and the noise level, which was high. But clearly, those minor annoyances would not keep us from returning for the tasty food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We both really enjoyed everything about this place. Sonya was our server and she pretty much made us feel at home from the start. We went to A.lure the next day again and requested her, as we didn't want to take any chances. I'm sure their other waiters are as properly trained as she is, but Sonya is really a consummate pro. Service was outstanding. For example, I don't eat onions and Sonya went out of her way to make sure I either chose dished with little or no onions in them or asked the chef to make some of the dishes fresh without any onions in them. My wife wasn't 100% happy about something very minor in her entrée the second night, but said it was good enough not to exchange. A few minutes later Sonya and another waiter came out with a fresh plate of the same, but without the ingredient my wife didn't like. That's service!
The food is outstanding. We had the pork shank, the catch of the day, seafood pasta, another fish entrée, scallop appetizer, ceviche, lamb carpaccio, chips, sorbets, two bottles of wine, etc....over a course of two dinners. Everything was impeccable. Some unusual combinations, savory and sweet at the same time in some dishes....the main thing, though, is that all of the ingredients are top notch and everything is cooked in-house. We will come back if we are ever in Savannah...or even in Hilton Head, which is close enough. We are not exactly foodies, but have been to many great restaurants in Chicago, New York and elsewhere and cook a lot ourselves. We travel quite a bit and now we have a new favorite place. Unfortunately, it's a two-hour flight away from home.

1  Thank Gene S
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I visited this restaurant with two friends while on a business trip. We were the first guests in the restaurant for dinner. The server was friendly, helpful, and well versed on the menu. Since the restaurant was not yet full of guests, I requested that the Chef prepare any dish of his choice for me. Outside of liver, I was open for the Chef to use his creativity and prepare something that he wanted to showcase. I was not disappointed. The Chef kindly prepared a ménage of six different mini meals. The flavored and textures were outstanding. The Chef came out during the meal to ensure I was enjoying his creation. My two friends were also impressed with their meals. For a foodie mecca like Savannah, Alure is definitely a top pick and a must-visit. Although a bit pricey ($180 for three guests before tip), I will certainly return during my next business trip to Savannah.

1  Thank BlackSharpiePen
Reviewed May 18, 2013

When we arrived the hostess, Martha, was extremely accommodating and sat us at a table that was private and not in a noisy area. Our server, Caris, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the crab cakes which were delicious and had chunks of crab meat and not at all full of fillers. The scallops with peas and carrots over risotto were delicious and cooked just right. My husband had beef torenados which came with purple fingerling potatoes and medium rare as ordered. I would definitely eat at A.lure again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

A'lure tries very hard to be adventurous and cutting edge, and while some of the pairings are interesting, in the final analysis, it falls short. Portions are large, and for the most part, everything that was ordered at our table was average to a bit above. However, for the price, I expected more. And the cocktails are mega-expensive. Still, all in all, it was a nice evening--good space and good service.

3  Thank Stubtail