“Add to your list!”
Review of a.Lure

a.Lure
Reserve with OpenTable
a.Lure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 896 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Chef Greg Silver's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements a.lure's rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm-to-fork philosophy is supplemented by thoughtful plating of regionally sourced ingredients, thoughtful presentation and creative flavor combinations. Savannah clams, oysters, local crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the local items on our menu, as well as premium steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful dining experience! Every dish was delicious and beautifully presented. The service friendly and accommodating. Tall ceilings took away from intimacy and a bit louder than what we prefer. Regardless, A,Lure is a must stop when in Savannah!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The restaurant is small, so reservations are a must. If possible, ask for a table in the "garden" type room at the back, which looked like it had skylights all over (we were in the main dining room, which was a little cramped). Very good wine list, our server was wonderful and food was excellent.

1  Thank Hillary M
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited A.Lure on a Monday night, during a weekend trip to Savannah. It was highly rated, and the menu I originally saw looked good, but it was not current. So when we got there, I struggled with ordering. They do not maintain their website, so don't go there expecting what you see online. I was looking to start with a soup or salad, but the small plates didn't offer those. I started with scallops which were tasty. My husband had goat cheese tart, which was not a tart - it was a full slice of goat cheese pie! It was so rich, dense, doughy - when I think tart, I think light, flaky crust. Not so here - it was made for 3 people. Entrees I had the daily catch group, made Asian style with broth with shiitake mushrooms, bokchoy, soba noodles, ginger. It was good, but not great. Husband had chicken that was quite sweet - it had strawberry preserves, apricot/curry reduction with pistachios. Good but quite sweet. We didn't have dessert. Perhaps I would go again, since everyone raves about it. Maybe being Monday, it was an off night...

7  Thank JFtravels
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We are lucky Chef Zeran took "flight" from Memphis to Savannah. His menu at A.Lure is unmatched within the city. But, let me start at the beginning.

We entered a lovely, well and beautifully decorated bar area, with a good sized number of tables eating and conversing. The Manager and several waitstaff greeted us with smiles and hearty welcomes. We were led through the brick walled bar area into a second dining room.

Our waiter was quick with well sized cocktails and turned out to be able to describe a complicated menu in considerable detail.

The menu rather unique to my experiences contained not the usual 2-3 items I would consider as appealing entrées but 5-8. (So I will surely be coming back). The items I liked were:
Ceviche martini
Lamb carpaccio
Cornmeal dusted chicken livers
Shrimp & grits
A.lure burger

What I chose however was called "Breakfast" (with beef tenderloin, sunnyside up egg, applewood bacon cream, roasted garlic grits. And what a dish! All four of us ordered the same thing and never in my eating out have I experienced four plates wiped clean. The grits were the best I have ever eaten. I can not wait to go back to have the shrimp and grits, but breakfast may get me again.

The dessert menu was offered, we said no, but then reviewed same: Chocolate pot de creme, Cheese plate, Creme brulée .... but also tarte tartin. As a francophile I ask the waiter if the chef really knew what a tarte tartin was, he assured me on his life he did ...... and what a dessert. The waiter was right.

Leaving aside asian restaurants, this was the best meal I have had in 15 years in the city. Some say it is pricey ... I did not think so and careful selection can make it most reasonable. Especially for such a wonderful and unique menu.

Chef, we will be back.

2  Thank Charles B
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Firstly, the waitresses (Sarah and Emily) were superb, They were very attentive and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and cooking methods.The food was prepared and cooked perfectly. The desserts were also exceptional. The after dinner drink was out of this world. Some kind of carrot juice martini, with birthday cake Vodka, with a rim of brown sugar and nutmeg.. Great job guys!