“A BLAST!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savannah Slow Ride

Savannah Slow Ride
Ranked #30 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah Slow Ride is the eco-friendly way to see Savannah. Our fifteen person bicycle excursions (you read that right, fifteen people on one bike!) take you through beautiful historic downtown. We offer a variety of routes to entertain bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthdays, graduation celebrations, company or retirement parties, pub-crawls, family outings or just to leave the hustle and bustle behind and have a blast with fifteen of your best friends. The 100% pedal powered Slow Ride packs in all of the shenanigans you can handle in a 2 hour Ride.
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A BLAST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Took a ride last saturday with a couple of buddies of mine and shared the ride with a small bachelorette party, had a great time. We were all buds by the end of the tour. Samantha was great to work with and the driver was fun also. Pedaling was not as tough as we expected. Great way to see the city. Will def book again next time we are in town.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Scott S

Avalon, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“PULL YOUR OWN WEIGHT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a great time. Samantha and her crew worked well together to accomodate our group as well as others. It should be noted that this is an outdoor activity where something known as excercise will take place. It doesnt take long to figure out who the freeloaders are in the group and it was fun making them do something to pull their own weight for a change! Thank you Savannah Slow Ride, our office will never be the same again. I am writing this to let you and the world know that since our escapade, the dynamic duo that tried to sit on the bench all night are 2 weeks into going for their daily walks and I believe I even saw one take the stairs yesterday.

2 Thank James T
Hilton Head Island, SC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fun, but hard work, somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked a Savannah Slow Ride for my husband's birthday based on hearing about it from a friend and other sources.

We had 17 riders altogether, and although the booking and follow up through to the ride by Samantha was excellent, I was a little disappointed in the experience itself.

The tour was a pub crawl from 8PM to 10PM that would include 4 stops.

We split our group between 2 "bikes" since you can only fit 15 people on one bike. There are 10 pedaling seats on each bike, 2 non-pedaling seats, and a bench seat that seats 3.

In the e-mail I received I was told that they would accept exact cash or a credit card, but when several of us tried to pay with a credit card we were told they didn't have the card processor with them, so we all had to pay cash, resulting in some of us having less cash for the rest of the evening than we had planned.

We started late because one of our group had to move their car and find a different spot, so I expected we'd have to drop 1 stop. We started out and although I'm in shape, the pedaling was HARD - I'm sure because we probably only had 4 - 5 people on our bike actually pedaling out of the 8 that were riding. By the time we got to the first stop we were all sweating. The ride to the 2nd stop was luckily pretty short but still a workout.

The guides let us know that there was supposed to be heavy rain coming in (it had been raining lightly throughout most of the tour but you're covered so it wasn't a big deal) and we'd need to hurry to hit a 3rd stop. We agreed that we'd make a quick "shot stop" and then head back, but when we reached the 3rd stop there were 2 Slow Ride bikes already there and no room to park.

Our driver thought the driver in the front bike would stop at a different place, but we ended up having to pedal without stopping all the way from the 2nd stop back to the Crystal Beer Parlor where the tour ends. I honestly didn't think we were going to make it we were all so tired, and the driver didn't seem to be willing to stop for a short rest. By the time we got back I was seriously winded and literally dripping sweat, as was everyone who was pedaling.

The driver was wearing a Savannah Slow Ride t-shirt, and we asked if we could purchase some. They checked and said they didn't have any of the shirts available.

Overall I felt the operation was a little unorganized, and I was VERY surprised at how hard it was to pedal the bike. Obviously if you have more people it's easier. It would have been helpful to have the guides mention that we should check to see how many people were planning to pedal and how many planned not to so we could divide the pedalers up evenly. Not fun to spend the rest of the evening seriously sweaty and feeling like you just ran a marathon.

4 Thank GodivaRidesAHarley
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great way to see savannah and have fun while doing so”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We did the pub crawl for our 20th anniversary. There was a couple on their honeymoon on the tour too. It was so much fun! Sam the owner came too as its best to have 6 people to pedal the "bar on wheels". Lawrence was our tour guide who talked about the site and provided some ghost stories. Then parked several times so we could visit several bars. It was a great experience that I will definiately do again next time I'm in savannah.

Lone Grove, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sam Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had 16 in our group and we had one of the best times we've ever had in a group outing! Samantha was very tolerant and she managed to keep control of a group of HR managers and one lawyer which isn't an easy task. FUn times