“great food and value”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Birmingham, Alabama
“great food and value”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant while shopping. Our food ended up being pretty good. We took advantage of some of the brunch specials. I got the loaded nachos, which were quite tasty and full of chicken and toppings. A friend got the fish tacos and talked about how delicious they were. The margaritas were wonderful!

• Visited September 2012

Savannah, Georgia
“if I could give this restaurant a zero, I would”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I live in Savannah and have eaten at most of the "Mexican" eateries. Today was my first trip to Taco Abajo and will surely be my last. The servers were friendly but slow beyond belief in relation to the number of customers. My first clue that trouble was at hand were the chips and salsa -- not tasty. Our entrees were inedible. The "fresh, local" shrimp were neither. The veggie taco was a pile of black mush with some sprigs of broccoli. I can not recommend this place to anyone. I wish I had the experience of many of the other reviewers.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank d125
Savannah, GA
“I agree- inconsistent food.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love this little place for the true local feel, the food and the beer selection. I want to love it even more but like other reviewers I note an inconsistency in the food served, not so much in the quality but in the prep. The first time I visited I ordered griiled fish tacos, and they were the best that I've ever had. The fish was cooked just right and it was topped with Sonoran slaw, a mix of cabbage, radishes and a tiny bit of mayo-based (?) binder to hold it all together. I literally dreamed about those tacos for weeks after eating them. I went back last week and ordered the same thing, but the slaw had been replaced with a few lettuce leaves and radishes. This made for dry, tasteless tacos, especially since I don't usually use the hot sauce that was on the table. I was there relatively early in the evening so I would find it odd if they actually ran out of slaw. It is my understanding that the food is going to be ramped up soon with more authentic Mexican dishes not usually found in Savannah, served on china instead of in plastic baskets. So I'll most definitely be back to see what happens as Taco Abajo. I'm expecting great things.

Visited December 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Fun Taco Bar”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Daily specials and you can tell there are plenty of locals here. The entire meal was good, but the standout was the Mexican corn side - it's deep-fried and dusted in coriander and brown sugar. It left me wanting more.

Jupiter, Florida
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stopped here when we saw the Happy Hour sign outside of the bar. The atmosphere of this place is very cool. We ordered a bunch of delicious margaritas for only 2 dollars each as well as bottomless chips and salsa. Both were tasty! They also have a lot of pool tables and air hockey which was so fun!

• Visited November 2012