“Fun Taco Bar”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Daily specials and you can tell there are plenty of locals here. The entire meal was good, but the standout was the Mexican corn side - it's deep-fried and dusted in coriander and brown sugar. It left me wanting more.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stopped here when we saw the Happy Hour sign outside of the bar. The atmosphere of this place is very cool. We ordered a bunch of delicious margaritas for only 2 dollars each as well as bottomless chips and salsa. Both were tasty! They also have a lot of pool tables and air hockey which was so fun!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been here several times. I don't know if it is a staff thing or just my luck, but the place has been very hit or miss for me. I like the location when I am downtown and the place itself is pretty cool. I have had the Carne Asada and several versions of their tacos and burritos and when they are having a good day, the food is awesome. But, for every visit that has been great, there is one that has sucked. The last visit, I'm pretty sure the waiter was just too stoned to care about what he was doing. The order was wrong, and the cook must have been hitting the same stuff as the waiter, because the food that was correct was cold in spots and not very well made.

I really want to like this place, but feel that the owners have gone for the bar crowd, and let the kitchen/food service suffer.

If you go, don't fear the menu. It is all really good when they are having a good day.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I happen to stumble upon this place quite by accident. From the street, all you notice is a sign above the door that says "Taco". Well, if I were hungry for Mexican, it might have been noteworthy, but alas, I was ready to pass it by in search of liquid refreshments. It was my wife who notice the Foosball ad on their monitor that made us go in or we would have passed it by completely. Needless to say we were very delighted to find not only a very reasonably priced bar but one that included 3 pool tables (rented by the hour instead of pay-per-game), an air hockey table, a Foosball table, a video poker game, an old Galaga game, and even a punching bag game as well! When we walked in their was a group of college aged kids playing beer pong on that table. We were in bar-hoppers heaven! We spent several hours there and it is an establishment that stays open as late as legally possible on the weekends.

Although we did not eat there on this trip, several people who were customers while we were hanging out did and they absolutely RAVED about the food. I saw on the menu an option for "Bottomless Nachos"...it is indeed a good thing for them I was not hungry or I might have put them in the poorhouse with that offer!

I would like to thank Terry, our first bartender for the good service and friendly conversation he showed and a big "Thanks" to Krystine who also provided a friendly drinking experience after Terry left. You BOTH are a credit to Savannah and your employer.

All in all people, if you are looking for a laid back place with food, games, sports on the TV, and occasional live music nights--Taco Abajo is just what the doctor ordered.

See you again next time I'm in town!

tacochief, Public Relations Manager at Taco Abajo, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for such a positive review -- and I'm glad you found us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying my husband loves this place... He always gets whatever special taco they have and he always leaves satisfied.
taco Abajo is good for its laid back atmosphere and as a place to drink. The bar tenders are always nice and on top of our beverage needs. The last few times Ive eaten there my food has not been as good... I couldn't eat what I ordered because it was far to salty, but ill go back and try it again