“Not Great”

Ranked #93 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Florida
“Not Great”
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We just returned from a weekend in Savannah where we attending a sporting tournament with my son's team. We needed basic, inexpensive accomodations, which we have found at other La Quinta locations. This particular hotel was, however, below expectations.

The bathroom floor was gross -- looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned in months. There was dirt in the corners, mold, mildew, and other discolorations.

The room itself appeared clean, but the AC didn't work properly, and it was always a little too warm, even with the temp turned to the lowest possible setting.

The pool was too gross for the kids to swim in -- they reported mold in the skimmers and "yucky" water.

But I was most disappointed in the service. For one thing, my key cards stopped working on the second day and I had to get them reprogrammed. Not such a big deal, but then it happened again the next day. We booked several rooms together as a group, but when we arrived (at different times), we were given rooms all over the hotel. Our team manager had to spend almost an hour unraveling a billing/reservation mess including a mysterious extra two rooms added to their bill.

There were several other hotels nearby that I would choose from next time.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank justme63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Matthews, NC
Reviewed March 1, 2007

Stayed at this property on the way to FL with our camper. Called prior to booking to be sure there was plenty of parking to accommodate, and was told there was plenty. We managed to squeeze it in, but only barely. The front desk staff was very friendly, and the rooms were decent. The only real negative was the noise. Not highway noise, but guest noise! We went to bed around 11 or 11:30, and between loud families, constantly slamming doors, car noise from the parking lot, and a car alarm that refused to be silenced, I would say that I was awake until about 3am! Other than an extreme need for soundproofed doors, this property was pretty much what you would expect for the money.

• Liked — Rooms seemed to be updated and clean
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank NC-Happy-Camper
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 17, 2007

This place is OK for one night. It is in need of updating. The
bathroom is tiny and maybe not quite as clean as I would have
liked. There was no refrigerator or microwave which I thought
La Quinta always had. The people were friendly and the
breakfast was pretty good with the make it yourself waffles.We were on the second floor with no elevator and lots of heavy
luggage. Not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed October 29, 2006

Drove through a tropical storm from Florida after spending 8½ hrs on a flight from Scotland to get to this hotel only to find that Travelocity had cancelled our booking. As you can imagine we were very upset but the receptionists, Theresa and Tina were helpful beyond belief. They re-booked our rooms and gave us access to the telephone and contact numbers that night and the following day. The Travelocity saga is still ongoing. Our stay was great, the room was clean and the pool spotless. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they answered everyone questions about places to see, routes to take etc. Breakfasts were fantastic, the waffle maker is a great hit and there was a queue to use the machines every day. The hotel is a bit further out from Savannah but there wasn't a problem travelling in and out. There is a small Mall across the road within walking distance and plenty places to eat and a huge Wal-Mart within easy driving distance. I'd go back in an instance.

• Liked — Fantastic breakfast included in price!
  • Disliked — It was all great
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pimartin
Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Very clean and good staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
Liverpool, England
Reviewed August 25, 2006

We stayed for one night and couldnt wait to leave. Perhaps we should have looked at the reviews more carefully or realised that La Quinta Inn is a whole world away from La Quinta Inn and Suites hotels, as this is definitely a stop off place for truckers or people with animals. La Quinta Inn's are basic motels. The breakfast was nice but didnt warrant another stay. The most disgusting things were the dog hairs and dog biscuits I found on the carpet when we arrived at the the room. Savannah I-95 is nowhere near historic Savannah. I would rather sleep in the car than experience that yukky feeling of sleeping in one of their dog haired beds again!

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — dog biscuits and dog hairs on the floor
  • Tips/Secrets — if youre a trucker with a dog you will love it
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scousemouse19
Safety Harbor, FL
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We stayed one night on our way driving south on I95. We stayed because it was a pet friendly hotel and of the location. This was the cleanest smelling hotel I have ever been in. It was an average looking room but it was CLEAN. The bed was comfy, the pillows firm.Excellent!!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple