“Unmanned Front Desk, Rude, lying clerk.”

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #96 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 24, 2010

After driving 10 hours, I arrived At the Laquinta, only to find an unmanned front desk. There was a sign posted at the desk stating the clerk is helping a guest and would be back in 10 minutes, I waited 15 minutes and was disappointed by this bad first impression. I tried calling the desk on my cell, but it rang and rang and was not answered. Finally TWO female employees arrived at the desk, no apology was offer for the wait. The clerk seemed confused with the reservation and finally handed me a key packet, I had to ask her were the room was, it was 2nd floor, I asked her if a first floor was available, she said no, she did not even attempt to check the computer, on the way to the room it was obvious there was plenty of first floor rooms so it appears, she is lying. She did not tell me about breakfast, checkout times or any of the amenities. The room was ok but the lack of service spoils the first impression, the most important one.

1  Thank SmittySS
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95

Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stopped on our way thru from Maryland to Disney with my wife and 3 kids. We were a little squished fitting into the two beds, fortunately the kids are little. We definately enjoyed the free hot breakfast the following morning. This was our first time staying at a La Quinta and it was certainly a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I agree with others when they say that this one has some work to do, in order to rise to La Quinta's standards. The bed was comfy, however the room was small. It was fairly clean, but there was an unswept almond and crumbs under the desk. Also the room smelled faintly dank, possibly like guests have smoked in the room long time ago and later it was made into a Non-Smoking room, and/or it was closed up for a very long time. In addition, if you dont like pets and all of the nuisances that comes with them (barking, the smell of pet poo, hair shedding, etc), then dont stay here. Also, ALL of the mirrors were old, and had began to erode. The room was about $50.00, so we couldnt be too mad-you get what you pay for. However, if you just want a place to lay your head, and you dont plan to spend much time at the hotel, then it's a good value.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed at the I-95 La Quinta primarily because they are a pet-friendly hotel. This was the first trip we took with our dog, and we were actually a little skeptical that a pet-friendly hotel would be a little less than desirable (in comparison to other hotels). We were proven wrong. The hotel was not only immaculately clean; it was also quiet and very comfortable. We were offered a free breakfast in the AM as well. It was easy to get into Downtown Savannah from the hotel -- a 15 minute straight shot from I-16 -- and we were also very impressed with the modest price of the room. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 1, 2010

I am a member of of La Quinta Returns program. I have stayed at their hotels in the past with excellent experiences. However, this hotel falls very short of the quality I expect from La Quinta. Possibly because the rooms have outside access instead of inside corridors, the rugs of the rooms need major cleaning or replacement. We we got there we were assigned a room in which the air conditioner only blew air like a fan. We requested another room, which was provided with no problem, but the same problem with the A/C. I know that the sun was directly on that side of the hotel at that time of the day, but the A/C could not accommodate the heat. There was acceptable wireless access in the original room, but because we moved to a room further away from the office, we lost the wireless access. Other than the rug, the room was quite clean and we had no other issues. I am not rating this hotel better because I expect more from La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Pet friendly hotel, good location just off 95, price was very reasonable ($40 range) but they have a lot of rivals nearby which keeps the price low to be competitive.

This is a hotel that needs some renovations to make it worthy of being a La Quinta. That said, the bed was comfy, bathroom clean, and I slept well.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tervs
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I concur with other reviews that this hotel needs renovation. Our guest room was a good size and comfortable enough, however it needs remodeling--even a paint job would greatly spruce up the room.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple