“Good stay!”

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #98 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Very clean and good staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 25, 2006

We stayed for one night and couldnt wait to leave. Perhaps we should have looked at the reviews more carefully or realised that La Quinta Inn is a whole world away from La Quinta Inn and Suites hotels, as this is definitely a stop off place for truckers or people with animals. La Quinta Inn's are basic motels. The breakfast was nice but didnt warrant another stay. The most disgusting things were the dog hairs and dog biscuits I found on the carpet when we arrived at the the room. Savannah I-95 is nowhere near historic Savannah. I would rather sleep in the car than experience that yukky feeling of sleeping in one of their dog haired beds again!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scousemouse19
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We stayed one night on our way driving south on I95. We stayed because it was a pet friendly hotel and of the location. This was the cleanest smelling hotel I have ever been in. It was an average looking room but it was CLEAN. The bed was comfy, the pillows firm.Excellent!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank midwifesunrise
Reviewed August 20, 2006

My family of 9 stayed stayed here on the way to Florida. We returned because we stayed here last year and really liked it. But this year made us think twice about staying again. We had 3 rooms all together which was nice. The big problem was that all 3 rooms were extremely hot. Even with the air blowing full blast all evening, all night and until the next morning. We complained to the front desk but got a lame excuse about it being so hot outside and it uses outside air to cool the room. I knew it was hot outside but after a few hours and the sun going down something should have worked.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank CatMom2013
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We had a friend who was supposed to book us at the Westin but it fell thru and since I didn't want to disappoint my son on his last summer trip I tried Priceline.

I got this at a 2 star in the Savannah Gateway. A MAJOR drop from the Westin but we were coming for the city and not the hotel.

The front desk was adorable, the ladies were very friendly and fast. Our rooms, we had 2, were right next to each other. There were LOTS of restaurants very near the hotel and a WalMart about a mile away in case you left something. The ride to the historic district was 10 mins away.

My son loved the hot waffle maker. The coffee was horrendous but they offered lots of juices and milk. There were other danishes, fruit, bagels and toast for breakfast, also. The staff was very attentive and quick to replace anything missing. I was impressed.

At check out we found out we had been charged OVER our Priceline price.... ugh.... it was fixed immediately. Turns out the two adorable girls were new and did not know how to do it.

All in all it was a nice two night stay. I am accustomed to 3 - 5 star hotels and was not disturbed by this one at all.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank mikenrobin
Reviewed July 24, 2006

This one seemed old and tired. The rooms were tidy, but they were not clean. For examply, the sink looked clean from the overview. Upon closer inspection, there was a black ring under the rim that I still shudder a bit about when I recall it. Ick. The beds are small. The advertised in-room game system costs $7/ hour. Breakfast was better than many typical free continental breakfasts we've experienced. There were hot offerings, and the waffle-maker was popular with our family - - and with everyone else there, too, given the line to us it. We all took a dip in the pool. It, too, is older and has seen better days. The sign with pool rules is outdated and strange: "One person on the diving board at a time" (there is no diving board); "No blowing noses" (Who wants to even read such a thing much less consider that a sign be constructed to address it? I am reminded of a sign I saw in a mall's food court: "No changing diapers on tables.")

Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed April 14, 2006

My best friend and I stayed here in June 2004. For a hotel with outdoor corridors and right next to the interstate, it was an extremely nice stay. I never heard the noise of the interstate or felt uncomfortable at all. The front desk was very friendly/accomodating, and the continental breakfast area was well-kept. The staff told us that we could swim after midnight, which was refreshing because we didn't have to worry about stringent pool hours. The rooms were clean, and there was ample space. There were also a LOT of restaurants around the area (we ate at the Sonic in front of the hotel as well as the Ruby Tuesday across the street and shopped at the mall 5 mi. east, which had even more food options), and the drive into Savannah was definitely not all that long. Hopefully everything has remained the same since we last stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2004