“Good. Could be better”

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #98 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Stayed here in 2007. Better then. Clerk shorted me change when I paid cash. Bath tub plumbing in dis-repair.
Room was clean. Mattress was terrible. WIFI worked well.

Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed April 9, 2008

Ok La Quinta. I have seen better. It was fairly clean, but again, nothing special. Breakfast was good. Pool was dirty. Road was pretty loud. You get what you pay for. We were first time visitors to Savannah. LONG drive to town. Would opt to pay a bit more to be closer to historic district.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed October 8, 2007

La Quinta, I-95, Savannah, October 7, 2007: traveling with husband and a large dog, planning to go leaf peeping. We chose this site based on previous reviews.
To use a cliché, this is the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good: office staff was pleasant, the room was clean and not doggy at all. The walk ways were clean. The bedding was new with fitted bottom sheets.
The bad: one of the towels was loaded with coarse black hair, and we have light colored locks! I don’t know if it was not laundered or just laundered poorly. Also, one of the wash cloths was not clean. Also, this is an older, outside hallways facility with doors that have to be slammed to close, so there is constant noise.
The ugly: We checked in about 4:15 p.m. About 9 p.m., there was a knock on the door. It was the front desk to verify that the room was rented. At 3:30 a.m., the door started rattling and jolted us awake. We assumed it was an attempted robbery. The dog started barking! At that point, of course, we were wide awake. When my husband took the dog out at 5:30, he could not get back in, so he had to knock and wake me up. When we went to the front desk for new keys, it turns out they had rented the room to someone else in the middle of the night (our door rattlers) and had wiped our keys out when they created new ones. Between the slamming doors, the middle of the night wake up, the bad keys, sleep was, shall we say, elusive. Errors do happen, but after confirming the rental, you’d think their records would have been updated.
The front staff was very apologetic, and they did take $15 off the bill. I would have preferred a good night’s sleep.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mssteinrunner
Reviewed August 30, 2007

I'd stayed at this hotel a couple of times about two years ago because I was traveling with a dog. The rooms were always clean, and the only complaint I had was that the A/C did not work well, and the room stayed humid during one visit!

After reading the most recent reviews here, I wasn't sure whether to try it this time or not. WELL, no worries. I'm on the second floor looking over the pool, the room looks to be freshly renovated, fresh paint, new carpet, everything very clean including the bathroom. King size bed, A/C seems to be doing the job, front desk very friendly.

We got this room over the internet for $62, a bargain for sure. I can be very picky but this place is fine, IMO. The pool also looks clear and clean, and people seemed to be enjoying it.

I remember their breakfasts were good so I'll look forward to that before I leave tomorrow.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank ArabellaA.
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We stayed one night on our way from Miami to Virginia. Perfect stopping point and I got a rate of $57 with AAA discount. We had stayed at the LaQuinta in Brunswick many times and were very pleased. This experience was not the same.

Check in was quick but the woman at the desk barely even spoke to me. Got to the room to find it clean but smaller than usual. Barely any room between the bed and the desk. Two double beds were comfy, tv worked fine along with coffee pot and shower. Rooms looked like they were freshly painted but the painters used no drop cloths as there was paint on the carpet and all over the bathroom tile and ceiling.

Couldn't get the wireless connection to work so called the 1-800 help line and eventually they told us there was a problem with one of the remote transmitters. When my husband returned the cable (which also didn't work) to the front desk he was totally ignored while the employee took two personal phone calls.

At 11 pm some neighbors decided they needed to chat, quite loudly, outside. My husband and I both stepped out to ask them to lower their voices or go into the room to no avail. On the third attempt, he walked passed them on his way to complain to the office and they told him they were "regulars" so he could go find somewhere else to stay. Thankfully, they did go inside.

Then there was the stray cat who yowled with a high-pitched voice at 5 am to the "regulars" who must have been feeding him.

Good points - the breakfast was great. Biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, hardboiled eggs and the usual cereal, bread and muffin assortment.

Person on duty at check out was much more helpful. Apologetic and kind and deducted 50% off our bill.

Minus the woman working at the desk when we arrived and the noisy neighbors and cat (which really aren't the hotel's fault) I suppose it was an ok night but when you only stop at a hotel for a good night's sleep it's hard to give it a good rating when you don't get much sleep!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bdaygirl
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed there, had called to book room, we requested first floor when we got there they told us no rooms available on first floor, we had a person with us that was handicapped, that is why we needed first floor, if there was a elevator that would have been o.k but no elevator either, we were disappointed after telling us we could get first floor, heard other people complaining about desk person promising first floor and they did not get it either. We also had problems with dogs barking left in rooms by themselves, noisy, sink stopped up, said our other friend called in about coffed pot, she never called in, said she blew out electic in room, never did that, we were puzzled why they would say something that she never did???? We were not to happy with the desk and maids saying things that we did not do, what was going on! It made it very very hard on handicap person in our party going upstairs!!! We will not stay there again, please in the future do not promise something that you cannot do!!! mglocklear@yahoo.com

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank MarshFlorida
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We just returned from a weekend in Savannah where we attending a sporting tournament with my son's team. We needed basic, inexpensive accomodations, which we have found at other La Quinta locations. This particular hotel was, however, below expectations.

The bathroom floor was gross -- looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned in months. There was dirt in the corners, mold, mildew, and other discolorations.

The room itself appeared clean, but the AC didn't work properly, and it was always a little too warm, even with the temp turned to the lowest possible setting.

The pool was too gross for the kids to swim in -- they reported mold in the skimmers and "yucky" water.

But I was most disappointed in the service. For one thing, my key cards stopped working on the second day and I had to get them reprogrammed. Not such a big deal, but then it happened again the next day. We booked several rooms together as a group, but when we arrived (at different times), we were given rooms all over the hotel. Our team manager had to spend almost an hour unraveling a billing/reservation mess including a mysterious extra two rooms added to their bill.

There were several other hotels nearby that I would choose from next time.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family