“NOT HAPPY TRAVELER”

Reviewed May 13, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed at many LaQuinta Inn's on the east coast. This hotel is by far the worst. You can barely get a wheelchair in the handicap room. The rooms and breakfast area is not very clean. Why can't all hotels use the packaged syrup for waffles? Putting the syrup containers on the tables is a bad idea. Everything is sticky(even the chairs)... and no one to clean up.This is the second trip to this hotel. There won't be another! The price was very reasonable....but cheap is cheap!

Room Tip: Don't expect much in a handicap room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Anderson, SC
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fantastic value....room was immaculate and spacious, staff friendly and efficient. Will stay here any time we travel in the area and need a place to stay. Pet-friendly, yet no traces of previous pets! Convenient parking, good breakfast buffet. We were exhausted when we arrived and the staff made check-in a breeze so that we could get to bed. Have paid much more for motels in the past....and gotten much less in return. A++++++++

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I made a reservation while in route to Florida at this hotel. When I made the call for the reservation, the lady on the front desk was very accommodating. I arrived actually within a half hour of making that phone call and was able to check-in readily with no hassles.
After just having a knee replacement surgery two weeks ago and not walking without the assistance of a cane and having a gimp in my step, the staff were very nice about helping getting luggage into my room. They even gave me a handicap room to make life easier.
My room was ready and clean. This is not a upscale hotel but by no means is it a dive. My room had a nice desk to work from, a new flat panel tv, and the HVAC worked flawlessly. I was asked by any of the staff when passing if there was anything that they could do to help or make anything better, so it showed that they care about their guests.
Once it became dusk, the one thing that I noted is that the hustle of daily life around the hotel slowed and it was peacefully quiet enabling for a good nights rest. I did not partake of the breakfast fair, but from seeing everyone coming and going to the breakfast area, it must have been pretty good as I saw no sour faces and heard of no complaints.
Checkout was painless, even though they were busy with many guest checking out at the same time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area or on a road trip through this area. I certainly will return if I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trbl4u2
Reviewed April 21, 2013

So you do get the feeling of safety when you see a metro police car in the lot and another one across the street at the gas station. And in general you feel safe, parking is a bit limited if they are full and the rooms are noisy if at 12 30 a bunch of female roudy soccer or softball players show up and just laugh their faces off , not considering people are sleeping.

And the room itself was fine save for no internet...(none on my laptop or phone).
Shower took a while to heat up. and their soaps are and interesting scent.

Breakfast was OK ...a bit tight around the coffee pot..things kinda bottle neck.

Fix the internet problem and you'll rate higher....if you need gas in savannah head up to port wentworth or pooler exit 109 is the cheapest near savannah.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank willdriveforfood
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We try to stop at la Quintas because of our cats. This motel was quite good. Clean rooms, quiet at night and best of all $49.50 for the room. The breakfast was a bit sparse, but....was decent and we both had enough to fill up on.
We will hit this one again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family