“Wouldn't recommend.”

Ranked #94 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Fort Myers, Florida
“Wouldn't recommend.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I try to stay in La Quinta's whenever I travel since they are pet friendly and generally clean and welcoming. I stopped at this one in particular seeking a place to sleep between days of driving but unfortunately found a less than restful, or enjoyable, stay. Our room had mold, dirty towels, and a few other cleanliness issues. There were quite a few questionable figures hanging around outside which made me feel a little uneasy as well.
The young woman working at the front desk was not friendly enough for a late arriver, but not very helpful. (Told me there was nowhere to order in food at that hour only for me to realize there was a dominos pizza ad on my keycard!?)
I was quite exhausted when I arrived so I did not attempt to switch rooms which perhaps could have helped?

The absolute best part about this hotel was the morning desk attendant (very possibly the manager) who was overly friendly and accommodating. (Even took 20 bucks off of my bill when I told him about our towels!) Perhaps if he had been there the night before I would have been more apt to ask for a room switch and probably received better service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The location is great, plenty of restaurants and shopping around. This is an older property;but well maintained- They staff is always courteous and helpful. Being an older property, the rooms are smaller , making it very difficult to move around with a powered wheelchair. The 1st floor outside parking made it very convient to unload bags. "Great value for the price.

Room Tip: Great free breakfast ever nothing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very busy weekend in Savannah 1st-2nd June 2012 .Found this place on line slightly outside the town but close enough and good price. Would have been excellent ,but didn't have PC in lobby no free paper and no Micro - fridge in the King room. As we only staid the one night it didn't make any difference to us. Easy to find, great pool , lovely staff Perfect for a stop over if traveling I 95, Beds were very very comfortable.

Room Tip: I would go for a ground floor if you can get it. we had 122 very good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have been on a 25 day tour of the US. We stayed in a number of La Quinta's because they are pet friendly. This one was the worst of the trip, of any hotel. The rooms are the size of a jail cell. Everything is in need of good repair. It was not cleaned properly after the previous guest...the floors were not swept and vacuumed...there was dirt on the carpet. There were at least a dozen bad stains in the carpet...from who knows what...pet urine? spilled drinks? Makes me want to avoid La Quints in the future. Stay away. BAD!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family