“Family Reunion in Savannah”

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #98 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The location is great, plenty of restaurants and shopping around. This is an older property;but well maintained- They staff is always courteous and helpful. Being an older property, the rooms are smaller , making it very difficult to move around with a powered wheelchair. The 1st floor outside parking made it very convient to unload bags. "Great value for the price.

Room Tip: Great free breakfast ever nothing.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Sebring, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 5, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very busy weekend in Savannah 1st-2nd June 2012 .Found this place on line slightly outside the town but close enough and good price. Would have been excellent ,but didn't have PC in lobby no free paper and no Micro - fridge in the King room. As we only staid the one night it didn't make any difference to us. Easy to find, great pool , lovely staff Perfect for a stop over if traveling I 95, Beds were very very comfortable.

Room Tip: I would go for a ground floor if you can get it. we had 122 very good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have been on a 25 day tour of the US. We stayed in a number of La Quinta's because they are pet friendly. This one was the worst of the trip, of any hotel. The rooms are the size of a jail cell. Everything is in need of good repair. It was not cleaned properly after the previous guest...the floors were not swept and vacuumed...there was dirt on the carpet. There were at least a dozen bad stains in the carpet...from who knows what...pet urine? spilled drinks? Makes me want to avoid La Quints in the future. Stay away. BAD!!!

1  Thank jackie m
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have been happy with LQ in the past, but this one was a major exception. I visited Richmond Hill so that my husband and I could recon future homes for when we move this fall. We also wanted to hit Savannah and Tybee Island. My husband has been separated from his son and I for the last 3 months for military training, so in the short 72 hours we were together I DID NOT have the time to be a "proper traveler" and try to correct LQ's mistakes. Travelers should be able to expect certain standards.

The pillow cases had rips in them (who wants to correct this at 10pm?), the internet was never working, and we only got 2 cable channels on our television. The internet flaw was the worst: we could not research the homes in the area or properly plan our day trips to Tybee and Savannah. The whole weekend we had to wing it and didn't really accomplish what I had flown out there for. When I called the front desk THREE TIMES there was the same song and dance: "We're working on it!" Insufficient, inattentive staff. Also, when we checked in as LQ Gold members the staff had no idea about any points accrual. It's like they grabbed the Sonic wait staff from next door, put them in LQ uniforms, and put them to work for the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family