“Excellent hotel for a night on the road”

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #92 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
netherlands
“Excellent hotel for a night on the road”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

On our way to Orlando from Washington , we needed a hotel for a good night sleep.
We found everything we wanted for only $ 56 ( including all taxes). Breakfast was included
and Wifi just worked fine !!

Room Tip: just ask for the best rate
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The price is always what draws me here. The rooms are decent and reasonably clean. The furnishings are a bit worn, but who cares - it's clean and cheap. Several restaurants across the road, and Savannah is just straight down Highway 204 (Abercorn). Fort Stewart is a couple exits south on I-95. It's a dependable hotel, and I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank advocon
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Ground floor 2 double beds.
Sheets appeared to be clean.
Carpet felt a little grimy...bathroom was small and not very clean, as it had pubic hairs leftover from previous guests.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful.
It was more like a 50 dollar room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Nice clean room right off I-95. As requested a crib was set up in advance for our baby (not a pack and play, but an actual crib). Room was clean. Service friendly.

• Stayed March 2011
Cazenovia
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband, adult son, and dog were traveling from New York to Florida and stopped for the night at the La Quinta because it allowed pets and was convenient to I-95. The room was fine, the bathroom was okay (not up to my OCD standards), but the "guests" staying in the room two doors down from us were very sketchy. There were three men on motorcycles who were revving up their bikes (very loudly) going to and from the hotel at all hours of the night and what we think were "ladies of the evening" working in the room. Because these were rooms with outside entrances, perhaps management was not aware of what was going on in the room but I was surprised that they never intervened to put a stop to the noise from the motorcycles. Our dog needed to go out at 5:00 a.m. and there was no way I was going to take her. My husband had to pass through "D.J. Pleasure" and his group of hootchie mamas on our second floor landing to get downstairs. Needless to say, with all the outside activity, we did not get a good nights sleep. We were so happy to be up and out of there by 6:00 a.m. After our experience at the La Quinta, we opted to drive straight through on our return trip home. :-)
Never again will I stay at the I-95 La Quinta!

• Stayed March 2011
New York
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We had stayed in LaQuinta's on our way south in early February for 2 nights. Salem, VA and Pooler, GA. We were very satisfied with both, and considered them a great value. Plus they were pet friendly, and had a very nice free breakfast at each. We chose this hotel for our return to the northeast, mainly because it was $30 cheaper a night than Pooler, GA. And, after all, we would only be sleeping there.

We are very disappointed in this hotel. No fridge or microwave in the room, like the others. Very busy location (what you would expect on I-95), but only lots of fast food for dinner nearby. We didn't want to drive to dinner, so we got Perkins takeout, which is within walking distance. It was probably the worst meal we've had in a month. Perkins was a half hour late in their time quote, and there were only one or two people, doing everything, so that is not surprising. Not a good experience there either.

Would not stay here again. It was clean, but rooms smelled funny. Like chemicals. Good TV, though. Front desk was nice. Offered the hotel refrigerator if we desperately had to refrigerate something. No designated pet area.

We felt we had found a new friend in La Quinta in our previous experiences with them. Love they are pet friendly. But this location makes one feel like you are staying in a sub class motel. We are not country club folk. But things here made me feel like I should have paid the $30 bucks extra, and stayed in Pooler, GA

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Boca Grande, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We where traveling with a pet, so we don't expect a five star but this hotel needs some improvements. The room we had was extremely small. 2 double beds, a bath that was extremely small. By the time we brought the pet, crate, and 2 adults we could not move with out growling at one another, someone had to sit on the bed for the other person to walk to the bathroom. We also experience planes, and choppers arriving a Hunter Air Field, very loud, got the dog crazy. The room was clean, and bed where comfortable. Keep going to the next La Quinta which is about 5 miles up the road, it might be better.
Sorry