“Yummy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ta Ca Sushi & Japanese Fusion
Ranked #298 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I enjoyed a huge bowl of Pho Tom, which was amazing. I've never had a soup that actually tasted aromatic before, if that even makes sense, but this absolutely was! It was so big I had to ask to have the second half packed to go. While I would never have thought to ask for it, the waitress carefully packed the soup into two containers - one for broth and the other for the noodles. She said it keeps much better that way. Thank you! My husband and son shared sushi, which they said was great, but I only had eyes for my pho. Service was quick and friendly. We will definitely return and recommend it to others.

• Visited November 2012

Savannah,GA
“Gave it a chance....dissappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant has a neat atmosphere. They have spent a good bit of money on the interior and design. We have been several times. My last two trips were less than pleasing. I ordered a rather routine menu item and just thought the taste of the food was dissappointing. Tried it again one night before a concert and again, ordered something different than last go round, but nothing terribly extravagant. The rice on the plate was so bad that had I been at home, I would have spit it out, but because I was in a restaurant, I forced myself to finish what I had put in my mouth. If you are an asian fusion restaurant and you can't even do rice, you are in trouble. Will NOT go here again!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lheck143
Hien T, Manager at Ta Ca Sushi & Japanese Fusion, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Lheck143,

We are sorry for your unpleasant visit with us because of the rice. We are not sure what and why you criticize the rice but we will make sure the issue will be corrected. thank you for your business.

Ta Ca Management.
Savannah, Georgia
“Great sushi, understaffed, bad salad, late sushi roll”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My favorite sushi restaurant is starting to lose it. Normally they are over staffed and you want the wait-staff to go away, today there was only two people running the show. Took forever to get everything, which trying to squeeze an hour lunch there can be a problem.

Sushi was great as always. Only issue I got my last sushi roll camewhen I was ready to leave.

Biggest negative was the salad. I don't expect the best salad, but it looks wilted and brown don't serve it. Tried to complain, but my waiter was way too busy to stop by.

I hope take was just a hiccup. If not, I have start looking for a new place for sushi.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hien T, Owner at Ta Ca Sushi & Japanese Fusion, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Brian,
thank you for your feedback. What date did you come in ? We were under staff one of those days due to one server did not show up for personal reason. We are correcting this and again thank you for your feedback.

TA CA Management.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Best Sushi in Savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great sushi, great food. Staff is friendly and owners are always speaking to patrons. Sushi is always fresh!

• Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great sushi with variety of selections. The fish was fresh and the location was convenient. A must go if you visit Savannah!

Visited September 2012