“Now That Was A Wine Dinner!”
Review of Maxwell's - CLOSED

Maxwell's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State St./Broughton St.
Description: Unique mix of eclectic cuisine from around the world that is guaranteed to please the most discerning palates
Reviewed July 15, 2013

On July 10, my wife and I went to a wine dinner here. It was our second one at Maxwells. We both enjoyed it immensely. The wines were selected from their wine list. The first course, scallop fritters was OK. The wine was an excellent Prosecco, the best I've tasted. Next was a wonderful poached pear salad paired with an extraordinary Oregon Pinot Gris. Next was a good watercress soup with an OK Italian Sauvignon Blanc. Next was an absolutely wonderful, perfectly cooked sea bass stuffed with crab. The Pinot Noir had a great bouquet and a good taste. Next was an excellent beef tenderloin with cheese paired with a superb Amarone. Next was a very good raspberry sorbet with a good Port. Finally, a FANTASTIC chocolate truffle paired with a very good late harvest ZinfNdel which complemented it perfectly. Maxwells did it all well. The price, for the quality and quantity, was very good. We are already looking forward to the next dinner.

1  Thank diaperman

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place walking back to our room our last afternoon in Savannah. Looked nice from the outside. We had no trouble getting a reservation at our desired time. We ordered the avacado egg rolls after reading about them on Trip Advisor. They were absolutely delicious! My husband ordered one of the specials and I ordered the scallop appetizer for my meal. The waitress thought it was too small for a meal but it was just right especially if you don't like to eat heavy for dinner. I definitely would go back. Would love to try other items on the menu.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We hade a quick lunch and the food was fresh and very good. We had cesar salad and the gespacho (cucumber and avacado). The gespacho was different from what I've had before and very good.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was only staying in Savannah overnight and wanted a really great meal. I found Maxwell's while taking a carriage ride through historic Savannah Georgia. When I looked through the window, my first thought was I like this place. Small, quiet and elegant are the best adjectives to describe my first impression, so I thought "it must be good" Maxwell's absolutely scored an A+ on ambiance, presentation, and taste! I ordered appetizers of Tuna tataki and seared scallops with an lamb entrée. I was pleasantly surprised at the extensive wine selection. It is my understanding Maxwell's has only been open a little over a year...Watch out Paula Deen, here comes Maxwell's...you absolutely must eat here while staying in Savannah

1  Thank Flfitguy
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

As others have mentioned, the avacado egg rolls are ridiculously good. Our entrees were quite good also. Staff were all very cordial and friendly. Nice and cozy atmosphere.