“Now living in Manila with my Jenny”

Savannah Authentic Filipino Cuisine
Ranked #285 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Filipino
Reviewed May 7, 2014

It has been awhile,,, One Year,, but,,, I assure Everyone, that This Really is Authentic Filipino Food,, cooked with the loving care that you will find most places here in the Philippines,,,,The prices are Good,, and the portions are Good,,, so,, What are you waiting for? Go see my friends at Savannah Authentic Filipino Cuisine!!!!

1  Thank James W

Reviewed April 20, 2014

After reading the reviews we decided to give it a try. I didn't want to do a chain restaurant and LOVE the idea of supporting small local business. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

The food was excellent just like my mom's. SO GOOD. The lumpia was outstanding--dreaming of it now. Everything was perfect. The best part was Rose. She made the experience! Asking questions about my family and telling us stories of hers.

If you haven't ever had Filipino food--you need to try it! I would start with the lumpia and adobo. You won't be sorry! If you love Filipino food you will be very happy with this spot!

2  Thank Jared-Malia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Love eating there when I get a chance, the staff is very friendly, the food is always good, I try something different everytime I eat there, have not had a bad meal yet.

2  Thank mdmagic69
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Every year, usually the 2nd Saturday in June, Savannah holds a wonderful Asian Festival, and has, among others, a Filipino food booth--the couple who owns this place cooks for the festival and every single year there are LOOOong lines in front! Someone always tells her that she should open a restaurant and this little place is the result! A tiny lil' joint with 3 tables, a small grocery section, spotlessly clean (bathrooms too), friendly staff, good food. It's more of a to-go kind of venture, with the food served in Styrofoam boxes, and entrees already cooked and on display, like the pancit Canton noodles, the BBQ chicken kabobs, jasmine rice, and such; there is a small but tasty set of appetizers and snacks that are fixed to order (heated up or flash fried) such as the delicious lumpia (Filipino spring roll), or steamed (like the siopao, a bun stuffed with chopped pork--my favorite!!) There is also an excellent fried shrimp patty I didn't get a photo of, but highly recommend it for the fresh flavor and lovely crispy, tender textures. My friend got the Dinuguan, which is a dish made with beef chunks in a beef blood gravy, very dark, very intense--not so good with the noodles, but I think the jasmine rice would have tempered the flavor a bit; spices were quite good and full of flavor, but definitely not a dish for the faint-hearted! My only gripes were that the pork bun was put in the microwave instead of steamed properly and the paper it sat on had to be peeled off (part of the bun came with it), and the Chicken Inasal, which is basically supposed to be grilled chicken-on-a-stick (sauce on the side), I believe was also heated up in the microwave, which made it kinda bland. Also, the Dinuguan had no onions or vegies in it, which I've seen it served with before--it makes the appearance less startlingly DARK, and also gives it a more appealing look. The owners were both cheerful and working hard, and though this is not a dinner place, it's quite fine for a quick lunch, especially if you wanna try something new and a little different. Open only Tues-Friday from 11am-8pm with parking in a small lot in front. For a fun lunch, try Filipino appetizers and get the oxtail or curried goat from Sweet Spice next door (Jamaican-Caribbean, see my review here on tripadvisor.com).

2  Thank Heart_of_Imladris
Reviewed February 8, 2013

no doubt,,, Savannah Authentic Filipino Cuisine is my Favorite by far,,,,Count on good service and a fair price,, the portions are plenty,,, ,,, Rose and her Husband are most friendly,, soo,, you really cannot go wrong with this Filipino Restaurant,,,

2  Thank James W