“Can always learn something new”

Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours
and up
Savannah Historic and Secret East Side Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 20 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Pleasure your palate and enjoy a beautiful stroll through the picturesque squares of Savannah while learning about the restaurants, specialty food stores, the people and the legends that make the Hostess City the tastiest city in the South.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This past Saturday, my family and I had the pleasure of taking the "Eastside food tour" with Irene. This tour will delight your tastebuds and your mind... I have been going to Savannah for 30 plus years and learned so many new bits of information from our tour guide Irene. Irene is very well read, well informed and truly loves people, great food and the beautiful city of Savannah. I would also like to express my gratitude for the rescheduling of our tour due to a family death. My whole experience from start to finish with this tour company and it's staff was nothing less than fabulous. My big discovery thanks to this tour is a wonderful bar-b-q restaurant (that I will let them tell you the name of) that has been long established in Savannah, yet I knew nothing of it. As a former culinary teacher and "foodie" I would consider this tour a must-do if you are visiting Savannah. Thanks for a wonderful experience that my whole family felt was the highlight of our weeks visit to Savannah.

There are newer reviews for Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who plans on visiting Savannah in the future. My two sisters and my mom thoroughly enjoyed the three hour walking/tasting tour which seemed to fly by, mostly because of our knowledgeable tour guide Irene. We crammed as much fun as we could into our annual three day girls' trip, but this was by far the highlight for everyone. Thanks to Irene for helping us make unforgettable memories!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had four days in Savannah in May this year. The highlight of this vacation was the Taste of Savannah Food Tour featuring seven stops and 1.5 miles of walking through the historic district. We would definitely recommend Irene as the guide, she just made the tour so much fun! The pace was easy, the food was delicious and the experience was unbeatable!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We three daughters wondered if a 3 hour walking tour with our Mom who had just turned 88 was a good idea. It turned out to be a great idea! The pace was perfect with plenty of stops. The food was excellent and they even accommodated our request for no seafood. Best of all was our guide, Irene, who had us laughing for most of the tour as she shared information about Savannah. Her complete lack of a southern drawl made it obvious she was not a native of Savannah. Yet her stories and depth of knowledge made it equally obvious she'd fallen in love with the city and had researched it's history far beyond the typical tour guide's script. We were thrilled to have her lead our trip and highly recommend it for all ages.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Irene was a fun guide and got us all talking and laughing. Later, we went back to many of the featured sites. Thank you for introducing us to oysters.