“A tasteful treat in Savannah!”

Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 22 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Pleasure your palate and enjoy a beautiful stroll through the picturesque squares of Savannah while learning about the restaurants, specialty food stores, the people and the legends that make the Hostess City the tastiest city in the South.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently enjoyed this tasteful tour of Savannah! I've been to the city numerous times and this has been my most favorite tour. Our tour guide Shayna was friendly, informative, and fun. She provided us with many interesting facts that went well beyond the food. I would definitely recommend this tour. Be prepared to spend about three hours. We covered quite a bit of territory but did not feel rushed. This tour provided a good mix of sampling combined with some walking in between. This would be fun for one or two or an entire group.

1  Thank Danielle H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,812)
All reviews
in 113 reviews
"secret east side food tour"
in 62 reviews
in 17 reviews
"savannah bee company"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Irene was good. She was very laid back and knowledgeable. I liked the stops. It was nice there was a wide variety. It's on foot, and aside from a flight of steep stairs at one point alone, it is a nice walk. I wish we had more time. I felt like we were being rushed at times. The food was really good, but like they say, it is literally a BITE of food. Not saying I would like a feast, but for a "$45 lunch" it would be nice to actually eat more. Bring water with you. Alcoholic drinks can be purchased quickly with certain stops. Some stops will give tap water with their tasting.

2  Thank Hennac03
Stu C, Owner at Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback! We will be sure to work on improving the experience in the hopes that you give us another try in the future.

Thank you for choosing Savannah Taste Experience.

Stu Card
Savannah Taste Experience

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Learned so much about this city by the sea from Irene. She was so thorough with the information she gave to us about Savannah that I left the tour without many questions. And the food. Wow. There was shrimp with cheese, shrimp bisque, fried green tomatoes, a cupcake, and on. I was so full by the time we ended. Like the saying goes, good people, good times make good memories. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a local Savannah resident, I am always wary of taking in the more tourist-oriented aspects of our beautiful city. Over my years living here I have been on many varied tours - some more enjoyable than others - and eaten at a multitude of "must try" restaurants and cafes. I'd heard nothing but glowing reviews of the Savannah Taste Experience so when an opportunity arose, I signed up.

It was a small tour, only six of us including our fantastic guide, Stu, and it was absolutely wonderful! I'm generally not a fan of small tours, as in my experience it's easier for guides to speak to a large crowd of people rather than an intimate group, but Stu did an absolutely phenomenal job. He led us on a delectable trail along Savannah's bustling Broughton Street and River Street, stopping in the endlessly lovely Savannah squares to regale us with local history.

As somebody who doesn't eat meat, except for the very, very occasional seafood, I was initially concerned at the menu options that might be offered, but Stu had that covered as well! Whether you're keeping Kosher, are a vegetarian, or have food allergies, these guys really go above and beyond to ensure that there are plenty of mouth-watering morsels available that suit your palate. I tried oysters for the first time - delicious, and refreshing! - and met the love of my life - sticky toffee pudding, the dessert of my dreams.

If you're a lover of food and history, or just want to do something new and exciting in the Hostess City then you cannot top Savannah Taste Experience. Affordable, entertaining, and a great way to visit some of the best culinary and historic spots in Savannah, I cannot recommend this tour highly enough!

They've added a stop since I took the tour, and I can guarantee that I'll be purchasing another ticket just to see what new delicacies await.

Go, get your tickets, quick! :)

- B.