“Our favorite casual dining spot.”
Review of Diner on Abercorn

Diner on Abercorn
Ranked #130 of 874 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Savannah, GA
“Our favorite casual dining spot.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We are getting to be regulars here, especially on evenings when we want good, solid food and service at a reasonable price. We headed to the Diner tonight after a shopping trip intending to order breakfast omelettes. I promise you, the grits that come on the side are the best grits anywhere in the South- smooth and creamy the way they're meant to be. But when we walked in the specials on a chalkboard caught my eye. I started with a side salad, which was large, fresh and crisp with what tasted like homemade croutons. Opt for the Greek salad dressing- the owners are Greek and they make it like it should be. Next came 2 grilled pork chops with a side of potato salad. The chops were enormous and cooked to perfection, well-browned but still juicy and about as tender as I've ever had. The potato salad is obviously made in-house, too- red potatoes with the skins on and perhaps a touch of sour cream and a sprinkling of dill. There was toast on the side but I didn't have room for it. All this for $9.99 before tax. I couldn't have made a meal like that at home for that kind of price, plus the chops were really better than mine. Add great, friendly service and this place is a winner, hands down.

Atlanta GA
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've had breakfast here several times and it's been great every time. If you like Waffle House and Denny's then this is your kind of place. Servers were always friendly and you can watch the food being cooked. I lived in Savannah 25 years ago and remember this diner, open 24 hours but never anyone there (including me). Now they have remodeled and it's very popular. If you get there by 9 or 9:30 am on Saturday and Sunday there's no wait for a table or booth. After that it gets pretty crowded. I haven't tried lunch or dinner but it looks like it would be good.

• Visited February 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Friendly, Fast Service but Greasy Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Decided to try The Diner on Abercorn when I couldn’t find a parking spot in the historic district due to the Savannah Book Festival going on. I had read about the diner on trip advisor and was pleased by its positive reviews. It took a few minutes to locate but was easy to spot. The parking lot is very small but so is the restaurant. We waited a few minutes to be seated but found the staff and other guests were really friendly. I’m a big breakfast person so I had a hard time making a selection but decided on a ham and cheese omelet with toast and hash browns. The omelet was ok. The hash browns were good; they were crisp and greasy, exactly the way you expect them in a diner. The toast however was not good. Whatever they buttered the toast with was not butter and left a puddle on the plate. I’m not a big fan of greasy food and the toast was definitely a disappointment.

Visited February 2013
HARRISON
“Stick with breakfast”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

typical diner...service was poor, food mediocre. I decided on dinner here. Greek salad was very good, chicken was dried out and tough. Dessert was good. I loved the look and expected a more 50's menu and atmosphere. I would only go back again for breakfast.

Visited February 2013
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent two days in Savannah and ate here both days! Food was good. Authentic southern grits are delicious!! Looking for a great spot for a yummy quick and inexpensive breakfast? This is the spot!!