“I just reordered”
Review of The Salt Table

The Salt Table
Ranked #4 of 21 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: The Salt Table is an Unforgettable Tasting Experience Upon entering The Salt Table, you'll discover why Trip Advisor reviewers rank The Salt Table tops in Savannah Shopping. The aroma of the salts and seasonings will wake up your taste buds. You'll be encouraged to taste the salts and seasonings, and over 200 other flavors as well. Teas. Sugars. Oils. Vinegars. Popcorns. And, Vanillas. The Salt Table is not a franchise. It's is a unique, local brand of unique food enhancement products that are hand-blended and packaged right here in the Savannah area. You will taste the freshness. During your visit "Flavor Consultants" will provide suggestions for use, or you can explore at your own pace. The most common word heard as customers sample is "Wow." Black Truffle Salt or Ghost Pepper Salt are high on that list. "MMMMM", is uttered when one samples the Strawberry Peach Lemon Tea. Many of the dip blends are provided for sampling. Leak Dip and Loaded Baked Potato Dip are current favorites. Tuscan Bread Dipping blend and Garlic Butter when mixed with olive oil are, " just amazing." "In most stores, smell and tasting is limited to a few items, if any. Our customers are invited to test and enjoy just about everything. What a novel idea!" says Carol Legasse, co-founder. 'We make it easy by providing sampling stations throughout the store." Salt Table's Flavor Consultants roam the store, conducting impromptu "Salt Talks" and demonstrations of the very popular Himalayan Salt Plates. These make excellent cutting boards, or, when heated to 500 degrees, they're used as cooking surfaces. In addition to samples, cups of specially brewed iced tea and fresh gourmet popcorn by the bag are available on the spot. In the 'Georgia Room' - the new addition downstairs - The Salt Table offers highly awarded Georgia wines to sample or by the bottle as well as Georgia made products such as pecans, ginger products, rice and grits, honey, coffee, oils and balsamic vinegars. Hand crafted pottery made specifically for The Salt Table by local potters are on display. The new, wine tasting bar in the new lower level of the shop provides an excellent introduction of the fine dry red and white wines from North Georgia mountains as well as the sweet low country fruit wines. Local artists present their work for sale including pottery and framed photography with scenes of Savannah and the coastal area of Georgia. Savannah is known for its unique shops and boutiques, but a few stand out as a must do. The Salt Table in the historic district of Savannah is on the top of that list - a truly one-of-a-kind experience. You'll quickly understand why this shop has garnered so many 5-star reviews and accolades.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

While on a Taste of Savannah tour we stopped at The Salt Box. I purchased their best all around spice in a grinder. I've been using it on all types of dishes since & just found their mail order department. They had a special on shipping so I quickly reordered for me as well as my daughters. It was a fascinating place to visit 7 i have since recommended it to people not only for thir salts but also their teas.

David L, Owner at The Salt Table, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thanks so much. The Savannah Taste Experience has been great for tourists and The Salt Table as well. Many folks first learn about The Salt Table while on the tour. A great "partnership". You are among the many thousands who love our All 'Round Good Grinder Blend. They just keep coming back for more. Please let us know when you visit Savannah again. We'd love to meet you!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

If you are in Savannah, make visiting The Salt Table one of your top priorities. This place is great! My wife and I have been there several times since moving to Savannah a few months ago and we have a great experience every time! The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. You can try out more salts and seasonings than you can count. They also have tea, dips, local honey, and a lot more. They also just opened a new wine tasting experience downstairs. Every time we have friends or family in town, we take them to The Salt Table. Last week, my wife and I seasoned steaks with their All 'Round Good Grinder Blend and the flavor was incredible. This is our favorite store in Savannah! Don't miss out!

Hello Kevin: Wow. Thanks so much. A great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our shop in Savannah and our new wine tasting bar featuring the great wines from GA. But, to be honest ... nothing comes close to that awesome spice blend you mentioned. It was developed Carol, All and it's an absolutely amazing seasoning on just about everything. On our web site, you can check out a new video about the many uses of All 'Round Good Grinder Blend. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I came into the store with a friend believing all I would see is salt, but I was shocked to see spices and ways to make yummy dishes with the spices they came up with, The pink Himalayan salt was my favorite and came in different size containers, perfect for gifts. We also got to meet one of the owners and he talked so passionately about his store and his new endeavor which was local wines to taste offered in the store. You can definitely hear and see the love put into every little corner of the store. By the way, two days later we made steaks and felt they lacked taste, I'm not kidding when I say I added a bit of the pink salt and they were amazing!

Hello Nan: Thanks so much for a great review. Himalayan has really caught on. We sell tons of it (not a pun, really). We also sell the salt plates. In this regard in a few days we will post a video on how to use the very versatile Himalayan salt plates. Thanks again and enjoy your salt!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

You must visit this store. You will never think of salt in the same way again. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. You can sample almost everything in the store! I purchased a salt cutting board and I can't wait until I use it. I went back for vanilla. They have a variety of sizes to fit any budget. They offer Himalayn salt packaged for $1.00.

David L, Owner at The Salt Table, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Hello Nan! Another Salt Table Salt Plate lover! I hope you enjoying it. Let us know how you use it. They are so versatile! And after a few years of use, just crack 'em up into smaller chunks and grate up the salt ... never any waste and loads of flavor that only Himalayan Salt can provide.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

A must when in Savannah. The most amazing selection of salt. Bought a Pink Salt Slab for cooking and food prep. Works great!

Thanks for your support and the comments on the Salt Table Salt Plate. What have you used it for those far. It's great as a cooking stone, or as a cutting board. Can't wait to hear how you use it.