“Two hours with Cecil Waters”

Grits & Magnolias Walking Tours
Ranked #61 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I'm a native of Savannah with a genuine love for this beautiful historic city and I enjoy nothing more than to share that with visitors. I consider myself a well-studied amateur historian of the South in general and of Savannah in particular and I know the city's history and current scene intimately and deeply. Come take a leisurely stroll with me. We'll wander through the squares, streets, and boulevards of this charming city as I narrate not only local history but the dramatic personal stories of the people who founded and built the city, fought and survived the wars, and preserved it for us to enjoy today.
Chicago, Illinois
“Two hours with Cecil Waters”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Cecil majored in history at University of Georgia and spent his working life in education. That he was able to put up with we Yankees for a couple of hours was a tribute to his patience. Time spent walking the streets of Savannah with Cecil shouldn't be missed.

Visited June 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This walking tour is highly recommended, Cecil knows very much about Savannah's history and I think he is the only guide, who does a tour for only one person. By the way thanks for the lunch recommendation!

Visited May 2013
Denton
“A Great Walking Tour”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Cecil is an exceptional tour guide- -personable, funny, and completely knowledgeable of Savannah and its history. The high point of our visit. Don't miss this tour!!

Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best Walking Tour We Have Had”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I have traveled widely and this walking tour was a high point in our travels. Cecil is delightful - a charming southern gentleman with a profound knowledge of Savannah and a great sense of humour which sometimes verges on the sly. We were fortunate not to have to share Cecil with anyone else on our tour. His love for and knowledge of Savannah was huge and he was generous in his sharing of both. He made us committed Savannah lovers and we will return. Thank you, Cecil.

Visited April 2013
Athens
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Walking Tour!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Cecil provided my friend and I the most entertaining and educational walking tour of Savannah. We were free to ask as many questions as possible and go at our own speed. It is was nice to have Cecil all to ourselves and enjoy the beautiful historic district. I would recommend this tour to any and all - especially at the bargain price of $11!!!

Visited March 2013