“Ice Week”

Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Cantonment, Florida
“Ice Week”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Friendly efficient staff, clean room, great breakfast. the hotel looks to be out of place, but is actually in a great location just outside the edge of the city,. Had great access to the main street restaurants and attractions, but close to the interstate.

Room Tip: Great suite, new hotel currently being constructed next to hotel, but did not notice any problems
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Plattsburg, MO
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have steered away from Choice Hotels because I felt like they were going downhill and they have messed up our points more times than I can count but this was a wonderful hotel. Very well maintained and so clean plus in a great location. They were pet friendly and so kind to our pet however I felt there pet fee was a little steep ($25 a night) and we stayed two nights. Maybe it should be based on the size of the dog or they could inspect the room when you are ready to check out. They had a very good area to take the dog out side to do his business and exercise. Everybody was so helpful and friendly. The breafast was well laid out and very plentiful. Just wish they offered some danish rolls. I have to say it was exceptional.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda B
Good Hope, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Savannah. We only booked it for 3 nights but on our last day there we decided to stay 1 more night an we are glad we did. Donna at the front desk was very informative about things to do around Savannah. I would highly recommend the Trolley ride around town, very educational and there is so much history to learn about. Comfort Suites is very home feel and everyone there is very nice. We did not do the continental breakfast but it did look pretty good. We had a King room and the bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. We would stay at this location again if we ever get a chance to visit Savannah again.

Room Tip: Tybee Island is about 20 minutes away from Historic Savannah and it is a place to see.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The number of positive experiences I have enjoyed with Choice Hotels, especially the Comfort Suites brand is increasing! My recent stay at the Comfort Suites-Savannah Historic District was so very nice. The suite was like a spa, and it was exceptionally clean. The location was perfect for my needs. One exceptional experience was during breakfast as Shenell Oliver prepared a nice selection for the guests, and she monitored our needs with her award winning personality. Typically, I am only interested in juice or a bagel, but Ms. Oliver hosted the guests so graciously with her big smile and professionalism as she made it inviting to sit and really enjoy the variety they offered. The Front Desk Staff on both shifts (my arrival and departure) were very pleasant, and, also assisted me with an item I forgot. A nice hotel experience. I recommend this hotel, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Queen Suite was nice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank D D
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The historic district is where you want to stay. You can get half the rate staying down on the Southside, but at about $100 a night, you can't beat this place.

And the rooms are huge. I was there for a working stay and never left the couch.

They have a nice breakfast in the morning. Indoor jacuzzi and pool.

Nice big parking lot. (ONLY complaint is I was not told it would be $5 a day for parking... nowhere was I told that and I got a bill.)

Clean room. Big bed. Cable. FREE IN ROOM WIFI.

I will stay again.

1 Thank Chad D
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We spent several nights here while we visited Savannah. The hotel is very pleasant, the rooms are comfortable and spacious, and the breakfast buffet is definitely above average.
The hotel offers a courtesy van for shuttling to and from the Historic Area; while they are close they are somewhat removed from this district and were not comfortable to walk out in the immediate neighborhood. The shuttle was very efficient and quite responsive when we needed to return to the hotel. I feel this is a good way for them to handle a somewhat 'iffy' location.
Our only complaint, which was not a significant one, was with the housekeeping staff. We explained on their 1st a.m. visit/knock that we would be leaving the room shortly, which we did; however, in the interim, we had several more 'knocks' to see if we'd left yet. Just a little annoying.

Room Tip: While this is within walking distance of the Historic Area, it is a good idea to take advantage of t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very clean and well staffed. (location) We did drive "a couple of blocks" to park and walk around but the hotel and staff really were wonderful. We were very pleased with how clean the hotel was and how good the breakfast was..... We checked out Christmas Eve, a day people want to be with their family, but the staff was friendly and thanked us for staying with them. We will be back.

Room Tip: Actually, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to view the bridge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple