Comfort Suites Historic District
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicehistoric districtchoice hotelshotel shuttleriver streetindoor pool and hot tubparking feewould stay here againhard boiled eggsfront desk staffhigh ceilingsthe hotel offerscomfortable bedsthe breakfast areagreat place to staywithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel located a couple of blocks from main historic district. I think this helped it to be quieter since there wasn't nearly the people and traffic flow. It was across from a housing project, but I never felt uncomfortable walking. The hotel's free pickup service runs until 11 p.m. We used it once due to weather. They were prompt picking us up, and the driver was very friendly.

The suite was large, with lots of room, and nice furnishings. We slept well. A bathroom trashcan would have been nice, but that's a very small thing. The continental breakfast was typical for this level of hotel, and met our expectations.
I did not like the location of the pool, as it was beside the main lobby, so everyone passing by could see in, but I'm sure that helps keep trouble down.

all the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. We would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Hotel recently implemented a parking fee of $5 a day. This is much cheaper than the hotels located in the heart of the historic district.

Room Tip: The back side looks at the Talmadge Bridge, while the front doesn't have anything nice to see. we were on top floor at the end away from road, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gorcon84
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been in Savannah nine times and stayed in almost all the hotels downtown. We were a little anxious about staying further away from the center of city, but we were surprised when we got there. The river docks were an easy 10 minute walk.

The hotel was very clean and spotless. We had a two queen bed suite with sleeper sofa. The room was HUGE!!

The breakfast was nice and filling.

We used the pool the last night we were there and even though it is a little small, it was fine for our family.

The room did not get cleaned one of the days, and we complained, but the staff was unwilling to do anything about it.

We had a great visit and would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room was good size with very high ceilings and all amenities from home. They have a great complimentary breakfast that changes daily. Pool and fitness room are a little small but it wasn't an issue. The wifi gets quite slow at night (no chance of video streaming) but is adequate for browsing. The third floor was being renovated during my stay (was on second floor) and I was very impressed that noise and construction debris were pretty much nonexistent. The outside grounds were very tidy and well maintained with ample room for kids to play. The surrounding neighborhood was not a concern at all for my family and we enjoyed being a little separated from the tourist-centric downtown. The staff seemed genuinely interested in our enjoyment and accommodated all of our special requests promptly. This place is well run by a manager that was actually helping out where needed! You can tell that he gets the best from his people through respect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend with my boyfriend in January. Thought we would venture out of the downtown radius, but don't think we will stay here again. Across the street from government housing, the location was not ideal and 2 blocks too far away from the downtown area. We were offered drugs on two occactions and followed/harassed by homeless beggers every single time. I would never suggest staying here with children if you expect to walk and would also recommend brining the pepper spray to anyone who thinks a few blocks won't be that bad. We loved Savannah's walkability and leaving our car parked for the weekend, but ended up cabbing it 3 blocks on our last day because we were fed up. I see now that a shuttle is provided, but I would rather spend the extra $20 a night for the conscience and safety of location. The hotel was new, clean, and nice, but not worth the hassle.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank VagabondingDuo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Let me start this review by saying that I had a large group of Girl Scouts with me on this trip.

To begin with I corresponded via email with an employee to arrange a price that was unbeatable for the area. She was prompt and very helpful with all of the arrangements.

When we arrived, after having spent 3 hours in cars full of children, the front desk clerk was helpful and courteous in getting us squared away.

The staff allowed us use of their breakfast nook area for all of our meals, and never got angry with us over the multiple request for extra towels.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool area was nice, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure our comfort.

They also gave all of our girls patches!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends