“Just Blocks From the Historic District and Riverfront”

Comfort Suites Historic District
Ranked #47 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites because of their location and pet policy. My friend was passing through with her cat. Good price, clean room, free parking(a big plus) and just a couple of blocks walk to the historic district and the riverfront. Check in was easy and the desk staff greeted us by name when we came back to the room later in the day. Breakfast was the expected fare, cereal, bagels, eggs and sausage, fresh fruit and coffee. We left the car at the motel and walked whenever we could. If it's your first time in the city, definitely drive out to Tybee Island for sunrise and sunset.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 14, 2013

my hubby and I wanted a quick getaway and this is the spot. Thanx Tevin(nite Clerk) u are a very pleasant/helpful youngman.The entire staff was very pleasant as well.Not 2 crazy about the brkfst eggs/sausage(tastes organic-soybased),still hands dwn the xperience was great,Im very pleased with my stay!!!
MrsV.West

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a 2 day stay in mid-December. The location is excellent, easy to walk all over the downtown historic district. Not having to find - and pay for - parking is a real plus. The room was comfortable for 4, nice to have a pull out sofa so kids did not have to share a bed. Breakfast was good, plenty of choices. Our kids enjoyed the pool. Donna was exceptional, greeting us by name as we passed through the lobby. Overall it was an excellent choice for our stay.

1  Thank linda s
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just got back from a 2 day trip and stayed here. The staff were all very pleasant. The hotel lobby and room were clean. The lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays. The breakfast was nice. Liked having a microwave and a fridge in the room. Would have liked a room safe. The couch was a plus. My kids enjoyed the pool area. Didn't like having a room on the bridge side of the hotel. You could hear lots of road noise and it definitely affected quality of sleep. Our room heater/ac was loud as well. Telephone didn't work. TV remote would change channels, but wouldn't power the TV on or off. One slow and small elevator for staff and guests was tedious when everyone was trying to use it. Beds are firm. The sum of this hotel was just middle of the road for me.

1  Thank cboothe
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is so awesome that I feel obligated to write another review. I stay here somewhat regularly, perhaps 1 or 2 nights per month for business. In the 3 state territory I manage this is my favorite hotel, and also just happens to be in my all time favorite city. Visiting Savannah….you can’t go wrong, and you should stay nowhere else but here. Management (Ron the GM, James the AM, and Erica Housekeeping Mgr) are southern hospitality trained and they make sure your stay brings you back again, and they want your business. The rates are great; they have a great indoor pool and fitness center. Best of all, short walking distance to River Street. This is one of my true homes away from home, greeted with a smile every time I check in. Unlike many of the hotels I have stayed in here in Savannah before I found this one, this hotel has a Savannah feel. From the high ceilings and arches in the rooms, even though when here on business I often do not go out, I know I’m in Savannah just being in my room. This hotel also gets my personal business when I come here with my family every year for my birthday in March (yes, St Pats). Comfort Suites Savannah Historic District will always have my business. Scratch out the other hotels down the road, stay here once and you will know where you will stay the next time!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Thanks to Donna and the rest of the staff for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable! Your suggestions for food were great and we can't wait to come back. The rooms are spacious and QUIET but close to everything and the staff were delightful!

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a last minute hotel in Savannah. This hotel was very reasonably priced. Slightly off the beaten path but close to downtown. When we pulled up and checked in WOW. Great hotel great clean rooms breakfast buffet was stocked and had great food. The people and service was awsome and so professional. We will stay here again. It was a plesant surprise.

• Stayed: December 2012