“Great location and breakfast”

Comfort Suites Historic District
Ranked #49 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Dane, Wisconsin
“Great location and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is situated perfectly for walking to the river front and through out the historical district. The breakfast, hot and cold items was fantastic. The staff are most accommodating. I had a sprained ankle while there and was icing while I ate each morning. One of the housekeeping staff saw this and brought me a pillow to put my foot up on. We had a 6:00 a.m flight on Sunday and the front desk staff had a taxi waiting for us at 4:00 a.m along with a breakfast brown bag filled with goodies!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RitaBug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Cerro Gordo, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This property is a short walk from the historic district in Savannah. The beds were very comfortable, the room was updated- great decorating. It was very quiet for sleeping, had a fantastic complimentary breakfast- waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit, etc. We walked all over Savannah from this location. The price was better than hotels that were located a bit closer to the river, etc. The staff was great- provided toothbrushes, extra towels and coffee with no questions asked.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd and top floor so nobody tromping around over our heads- very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patti P
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got a great rate at the Comfort Suites Historic District in Savannah in October for our wedding anniversary. The rooms were clean and we had everything we needed. I would recommend this to anyone staying on a budget while in town. The only issue we had was that it was just a little further out than we had anticipated- you get what you pay for though! It was nice to have a breakfast option and the pool and hot tub were an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This property seems fresh and new. Before staying here we were unsure as to the location and whether it would be close to the historic district. We were therefore pleasantly surprised to find that it is an easy 5-10 min walk to the river district as well as the historic downtown, yet offers free parking. Front desk staff were helpful and arranged to have us picked up at the hotel to take one of the several downtown tours. There was no additional cost for the door to door service which included the offer of a return ride. We didn't bother and just walked back. Breakfast was the typical hot and cold mix but nothing special. Highly recommended. We would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Algonquin4
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I was very disappointed in this property. The location was definately a bit further into town than the advertised " within walking distance" although we didn't have a lot if choice due to the lack of parking or lack of knowledge of parking in town. The front desk staff was much less than "helpful" as I felt most of the time I was imposing when asking directions, (with one exception one evening) , did not have a toiletry item (as advertised the hotel would supply if forgotten) I had forgotten and had to end up spending a ridiculous amount if money for a replacement at a nearby convenience store. The hot tub was FILTHY the entire time (5 days) we were there even after asking at the front desk when it would be cleaned. The pool area was closed for a time each morning but the hot tub was never touched. Lastly, the quality of the room was extremely substandard to any room I have stayed in before for the high price of the room. The room was old, small and appeared to be "we'll worn" even tho it was kept fairly clean and the housekeeping staff were always polite. The breakfast was adequate but not that great. Best thing being the waffles. In the future, I would spend the same or a bit more to stay closer in town at a nicer, newer hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GA323_Hotel_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Historic District, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Comfort Suites Historic District.

I am very sorry that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. It is always our goal for every guest to enjoy their stay, and want to come back and stay with us again. I have looked into each and every issue you encountered while staying with us. I have talked with our front desk supervisor, and asked her to work with the front desk staff on directions for the guests.
I'm sorry you found our rooms to be small and outdated. Honestly, that is the first time I have ever heard that our rooms are small, most guests are surprised by the size of the rooms as we are an all suite hotel. All of our rooms are currently going through complete renovations at the moment, all new furniture, window treatments, paint and all new vanities for the bath rooms. You caught us with our towel racks down in anticipation of the new vanities with the cubbies for the towels.
I am also quit surprised that you found our spa not quit clean each day. The pool and spa are closed to the guests each morning for cleaning and chemical checks. I only wish that I would have been made aware and had the opportunity to correct these issues while you were staying with us, I certainly would have done everything within my power to improve your stay.

I am very sorry we missed it with your stay.

Best regards,

Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Front desk agents could be better than what they have. Room condition doesn't meet Choice requirements. Carpet wasn't vacuumed, toilet was not cleaned well. No trash can in the bathroom as well no towel racks. Towels were laid on toilet tank.Will never stay in this property.GM and AGM are the only good things in this property

Room Tip: Higher floors may be better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Comfort Suites Historic District.
Being the GM of the hotel I appreciate your finding myself and the hotel AGM, James Williams the best things about the hotel.
I am very sorry that you did not find the rest of the hotel up to your expectations. I have given each department head in the hotel a copy of your review, so that each and every issue can and will be addressed.
I do hope that you will give us another try so we can show you the improvements that have been made in all areas. From the Head Housekeeper, teaching her staff proper room condition. The front desk supervisor coaching her staff on proper guest relations. And as we complete our room renovations, with all new furniture, window treatments, fresh coat of paint and the beautiful new vanities in the bath that have cubbies to store the towels, I think you will notice a big difference with your stay.

Thank you again for your review, it is greatly appreciated.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Reasonably priced and a short two block walk to the historic district. Parking in site which seems to be a big amenity. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was the usual morning fare. Staff knew the are and where places were located.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard C
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Comfort Suites Historic District.
We value your opinion on your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking.
The front desk staff here is second to none. They enjoy helping the guests enjoy their stay at the hotel and with their stay in beautiful Savannah.
We do hope to see you again real soon. Thank you again.

Best regards,