Comfort Suites Historic District
$200
$189
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$81
BestWestern.com
$141
$132
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$199
$430
$230
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicehistoric districtchoice hotelshotel shuttleriver streetindoor pool and hot tubparking feewould stay here againhard boiled eggsfront desk staffhigh ceilingsthe hotel offerscomfortable bedsthe breakfast areagreat place to staywithin walking distance
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was a little concerned at first, but this ended up being a good hotel. Admittedly, I have high standards when it comes to hotels. Considering we got one night free (due to points), I would say that we got quite a deal.

The hotel is very nice in appearance. It is in a rougher side of town, just before the huge bridge. The view of that bridge is awe-inspiring. I greatly enjoyed seeing it every time we arrived or left. Very cool.

The walk was short and doable, no problem at all. I didn't make that walk at night. I heard from a friend that lives in Savannah that the area become a bit dangerous after dark. We followed her warning and took the car after the sun went down. Still, not a huge inconvenience.

The room itself was nice. It was clean. Most of all, it was huge! The ceiling had to be at least nine feet, maybe more? Very spacious. Perhaps the only complaint I have is the fact that there was always someone talking in the hallway (once until about three in the morning). It was a tad frustrating. I am not certain if this should be chalked up to the hotel or the people within. Probably the latter.

All in all, I'd say it was well worth the money. Should I visit Savannah again, I will certainly consider Comfort Suites Historic District as my hotel of choice (when on a budget).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mudrock95
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Family of four stayed 2 nights 2.13-2.15.2012, had a great stay! I cannot understand anyone reviewing this property as anything less than a 4 star as the room on the first level had cathedral ceilings, excellent air flow, clean oversized rooms, huge bathroom, nice breakfast, location and 10 star indoor pool/hot tub area!!
We have traveled A LOT this past month in the south and wish that all hotels in this catagory were as wonderful with pride in management as this hotel was. A bonus is the close proximity to attractions and the trolly!! Would definitly stay again!! Did I add friendly staff and nice toiletries?

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, about 10 rooms down on the right past the check in desk. The 16 foot ceilings added for great air flow--never felt crowded with 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BellevueBetty
ComforSuitesHistoric, eCommerce Marketing Director at Comfort Suites Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Wow! Awesome feedback to say the least. I have to be honest, reading a review like yours makes me smile big straight from the heart. Knowing that our rooms, air flow, breakfast, location, staff, & pool/spa exceeded your expectations is fantastic. We do have an amazing management team and staff members but more importantly we have amazing guest that allow us to take pride in what we do and how we provide for our guest 365 days out of the year.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you as a guest in our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We'd give this hotel 3.5 of 5. The location is convenient to the Historic District if not really in it, but parking is free and the tour "trollies" stop here. There were no surprises and we were quite comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us at the Comfort Suites Historic District while in Savannah, GA. Everyone at the Comfort Suites Historic District strives for a 5 out of 5 and we hope in the future you will bring to our attention anything we can do to achieve a 5 while you are a guest in our hotel.

The hotel location, free parking & trolley stops are major perks of our hotel facility. I am beyond thrilled that you appreciated all of the above.

We look forward to having you as a guest in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Very comfortable rooms and friendly, helpful staff.
Just a short walk from edge of Historic District and free parking.
Most other hotels require valet parking at additional cost.
Hotel recommended local tour for Historic District. Bargain for 2 days transportation. Picked up and returned to hotel by tour company.
Indoor pool and Jacuzzi

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us in the Historic District while in Savannah, GA. I am beyond thrilled to know our rooms, location and staff exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to having you as a guest in our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Both mattresses sank terribly to the middle. Breakfast was good. Old property. Shower was not clean but beds were. I expected more for $200 per night. Big disappointment.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I want to first thank you for your feedback, we appreciate guests taking the time to share with us their thoughts and experiences. This is the first complaint I have heard regarding a mattress issue at our hotel. This is unacceptable and I can assure you management has made this a top priority in searching out any rooms with a mattress flaw. Also, the shower should have been sparkling clean, as it typically is in each and every room. This is something we have taken action on and should no longer be an issue starting today.

Your positive feedback regarding the breakfast is greatly appreciated. We do understand that hotel accommodations tend to be costly during certain seasons in the historic district of Savannah, GA. This is why we have taken it upon ourselves to not only include in our price a hot deluxe breakfast but also free parking. Most hotels in the historic district charge up to $30 a night to park.

Once again I truly appreciate your feedback and we all hope to see you again in the near future.