Comfort Suites Historic District
$188
$163
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$72
$132
$159
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$229
$179
$152
$139
  • Pool
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicehistoric districtchoice hotelshotel shuttleriver streetindoor pool and hot tubparking feewould stay here againhard boiled eggsfront desk staffhigh ceilingsthe hotel offerscomfortable bedsthe breakfast areagreat place to staywithin walking distance
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights in mid March (14th & 15th) - half day of business, one day and two evenings of sightseeing and really good food.

Staff were exceptionally friendly and efficient. Check-in and check-out were a breeze – no surprises. The room was absolutely spotless, up-to-date and comfortable in every respect. Breakfast was above average and even though the mornings were somewhat busy, the breakfast staff did an excellent job of re-stocking the food and cleaning vacated tables.

The hotel is located two short blocks from the historic area. We felt comfortable walking this route day and night and did so at night on several occasions. This Comfort Suites also provides for an overnight security guard - friendly fellow who you could tell was alert. A nice touch, even though we would have felt totally at ease regardless, as the hotel is very well lit and on a main thoroughfare.

When we return, we will definitely stay at this Comfort Suites again. Our son and daughter-in-law had stayed here the year before and they had highly recommended it to us – glad they did.

Savannah itself is not to be missed. Twenty years ago or so we stayed overnight with our children, on our way to Florida, but never realized what we had missed - the beauty of this city and of its people.

Bottom line: A visit to Savannah should be on everyone's ‘Bucket List’.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank eyeliv2ryde
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed for a week and everything was great. The hotel was clean and the room was very spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful (especially Cheryl). The pool was small but ok. It was a couple of blocks from the Historic district. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kjdaniel42
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Traveling with an elderly lady we found thid hotel to exceed our expectations. The staff was overly cordial, accomadating and friendly. The room was very clean and larger than had been expected.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank jekanagy
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We spend two night with my wife and baby and my in-laws.
The rooms are pretty large but the bathrooms are on the smaller side, specially the tub. The rooms were clean but when we came back neither my in-laws nor our room was done (it was about 3 PM). My wife and baby just wanted to take a nap so the room was not cleaned while we were there at all... We complained and housekeeping cleaned the other room but not ours...
The hotel had breakfast but nothing out of this world. The gym is small but functional. The swimming pool was clean and it is great when you travel with young kids.
The hotel has free parking which is great. It is a few blocks from the historic district. The area was not the best when we were coming back at night but there was police around and nothing bad happened.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This hotel was very, very clean. The first thing I usually do when I get into a hotel room is clean it up a little with some handy cleaning cloths, but I didn't feel compelled to do that here. The pictures on their website actually don't do their rooms justice. We were on the top floor and had a large archway in our room between the bed area and the couch. I've never been in a hotel room with architecture! Also, the ceilings had to be 14 foot, and the bathroom looked recently redone. Like others have said, it's right on the edge of the historic district with about 2 blocks of neighborhood that look just a bit iffy. The first night we decided to drive our car downtown despite being so close because we weren't sure about walking back late at night, but after that we never felt the need to or felt unsafe. The area is very quiet and we never had any issues. In fact you can cut over closer to the river to walk downtown if you don't want to walk on the main road. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The last morning my sister came downstairs at 9:50 and I thought she would be out of luck getting something to eat since their breakfast was over at 10, when I walked into the breakfast area I saw the women restocking everything! Most hotels would leave you to hunt for whatever scraps were left over by that time. Others have mentioned trouble with the internet, we were on the third floor about half way down and got a great connection. I would definitely stay here again if ever going back to Savannah, for location and cleanliness, and not to mention free parking.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends