“Beautiful Cemetery!”

and up
Laurel Grove Cemetery Tour by Segway
Ranked #90 of 218 things to do in Savannah
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Laurel Grove was convenient to get to from Historic Area in Savannah. The cemetery was well kept and one of the staff members even took the time to provide me with a map and helped me find the lot I was looking for. The Waving Girl is in there, along with the fellow James Pierpont who wrote Jingle Bells. Juliette Low founder of the Girls Scouts and more interesting people. I had researched the cemetery from home before we went. What I was also very interested in was the Moxley Sorell mausoleum since I had toured the Sorrel-Weed house during the day and took the haunted tour in the evening. Was really eerie to see the family burial grounds knowing their history. A lot of other beautiful sculpture's that wowed us too. Certainly worth the time to check out.

2  Thank Kimberly K

Reviewed January 4, 2012

During our annual October trip to Savannah, we visited Bonaventure Cemetery and decided to include Laurel Grove North as well. Laurel Grove, while not as scenic as Bonaventure, contains many local leaders of Savannah. The list includes Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scouts, numerous military heros, US Senators and other notables. The cemetery is located in the western part of Savannah in an older residential area. I do not rate it as highly as Bonaventure, but cemeteries are not always beautiful, but do contain the history of our country's early history!