“Very good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Noodle Bowl

The Noodle Bowl
Ranked #146 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Franklin, Tennessee
“Very good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first visit to the restaurant after hearing a co-worker rave about it weekly. I was not disappointed. The waiter made some good recommendations based on our evenings preferences. My wife got the Mongolian Beef. It was served with jasmine rice, broccoli, bok choy and bean sprouts. The beef was very tender in a rich sauce. I got the Beef Rendang with egg noodles. It was mildly spicy. It was served with a salad. The beef was very tender.
I will definitely go back again.

• Visited April 2013

“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I love to eat here, the owners are friendly. The food is delicious and the vegetables they use are fresh. There are not a lot of great asian.cuisine options in Savannah but this is jewel.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Stick with the soups”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a perfectly adequate bowl of Pho -- no complaints, hit the spot. My wife had a vegetable dish that was made with a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, covered in a gloppy sauce. The owners seemed like lovely people, and I would go back to try the Indonesian soups on the menu, since they seemed interesting, but I would avoid the other dishes. Not a disaster, but certainly a disappointment.

• Visited March 2013
somewhere
“surprisingly delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

what starts out as a strip mall Asian restaurant ends up a delicious dinner. started with the tom kha soup, flavorful rich,although would not go with the shrimp. the red curry chicken was amazing, presented beautifully, more than enough food. itwas spicy rich veryflavorful and the chicken was cooked perfectly.
definitely worth going back.

Savannah, GA
“Great casual Southeast Asian dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just got back from a nice little dinner at The Noodle Bowl: first time trying it (recommended by a friend who goes there often for lunch) and I am definitely going back! I had the Stir-fried Udon with chicken and my husband had the Stir-fried Egg Noodles with Chicken; Appetizers were a House Salad with Ginger Dressing and the Fried Wonton, with a pot of hot mint tea. Located in a smallish shopping plaza down the road from Oglethorpe Mall, it looks like a hole-in-the-wall, but has a large, open feel inside with minimal decor. The staff is attentive and friendly, the hostess going from table to table to check on the diners. Good menu choices cover Indonesian, Korean, Japanese, Thai and Chinese food, all rice or noodle based with a variety of delicious soups. A tad over-priced on the appetizers ($3.50 for only 3 little dumplings, when a bag of 50 will cost you $5 at the local Asian markets--anmd you have to pay 75cents for peanut sauce for your summer rolls!), so we stuck with the simple things: a good, crispy salad and a little plate of fried wontons (my husband really liked them!), though I intend to try the summer rolls another time (I was hungry for vegies so I got the salad). The udon were really delicious, sauce was an even consistency, a tad sweet for me, but they have a selection of 4 condiments ready on the table so I added the red pepper flakes sauce and it was just perfect! Plenty of meat with the noodles too! I like the thick, slightly chewy udon noodles because of the texture, but the taste is also good, especially in this dish--very filling as well. I eat a LOT of Asian foods and cook them at home so I can be a bit hard to please with such places, but I definitely plan on returning soon!

• Visited February 2013