“A HIDDEN GEM IN SAVANNAH”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Florie - CLOSED

Cafe Florie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Williamsburg, VA
“A HIDDEN GEM IN SAVANNAH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I read the reviews on trip advisor and was not disappointed. A perfect non tourist restaurant that excells in great food and warmth provided by the owner and staff. We were there for dinner and were greeted immediately and the menu was carefully explained to us. I had the yummy fried chicken,salad with ginger dressing, the best kale and delicious fries. The owner was able to spend time at our table and I shared my family recipe for fried chicken. We all agreed that it was a perfect evening. We told everyone that we met locals and visitors about Cafe Florie. I understand Brunch will be served on Sunday and will open on Mondays as well. I wish that I had not had to return home to Williamsburg so soon. I would have been there on Sunday..

• Visited January 2013

South Carolina
“Eating here is an event.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Best food we had in Savannah on a recent visit. Fried chicken is amazing. Neighborhood feel - very charming.

• Visited January 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Found it by mistake -- Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Was walking in the park where they had a "farmers market" bought some vegetables and they had some flatbread that was made by this restaurant and others recommended this place, the place is small and the food is GREAT. Can't wait to go back again. By the way the lot next to the restaurant is their parking lot, don't be scared by the "towing sign".

Lakeland, Fla.
“Haute Cuisine-southern style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Last Saturday, I had a wonderful dinner at Cafe Florie while visiting Savannah. This eclectic, small restaurant yields pleasent surprises to those that may be judging the "book by it's cover". This cafe serves a wonderful breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Cafe Florie strives to use fresh local produce and meats, most of which are organic and cooked to perfection. As a former culinary teacher, I find the quality of food to be exceptional, plating and creativity of foods are above average and again something you would find in a 5 star restaurant. I had 2 large pork chops cooked to perfection and 3 sides -kale, mac and cheese and potatoes with hoe cake and sweet tea for $16 and portions were very generous. I will be back and will suggest this cafe to friends. It is worth the trip to find on Barnard- but look closely or you will miss it! A must-do while in Savannah.

savannah
“A little bit of a wait BUT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Food that is as they say "off the chain" congenial helpful but never smarmy wait staff a plausible candidate for best french fries and fried chicken in Savannah but great sandwiches and salads for the more light minded A swell little place