“Six restaurants = 1 great lunch!”

Savvy Savannah Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Savvy Savannah advertises many different tours to choose from, all very affordable for tourists and residents. Some of their tours include Spiritual Savannah, a walking tour focusing on Savannah’s awe-inspiring church and synagogue architecture; Savannah Suds, a walking tour of craft beer and its impact in Savannah; and Scenes of Savannah Past, where guests use iPads to view photos of the city’s past, while walking past the photo’s current location. Savvy Savannah also has Savor Savannah, a food-tasting tour focusing on local eateries most people pass by, and Savanna Cinema, a walking tour of movie, television and music video locations in the city. All of their tours will require the joy of walking.
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Having been clearly notified in all the published info that the tours GO, rain or shine, we two long-married folks slogged on foot through a downpour from our Historic District lodgings to the appointed meeting place for the Savor Savannah restaurant tour -- and we are so glad we did! There was Cyndie, relaxed and welcoming as an old friend, to guide us through six very unique tastes of Savannah's many-layered culinary offerings. Dodging the splashes and helping each other around the puddles, the three of us - yes, she carried on with the tour even though we were the only participants! - had a wonderful time tasting and learning. Hubby and I both loved all the selections, enjoyed Cyndie's great interactions with the restauranteurs, and even went back to two of the places to shop a bit. Can't wait 'till we come back to this lovely city, so we can try out another Savvy Savannah tour!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I took the lunch tour of Savannah over the weekend. It was great! Cyndi was an awesome tour guide and the food was delicious. It was our first time in Savannah and this was a great way to experience the local restaurants and history. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

On our reserved taste date the weather forecast called for heavy thunderstorms, and hail. Rebecca and Cindy of Savvy Savannah Tours were aware of this and refused to reschedule our Savor Savannah tour due to weather forecast predictions and thus leaving us out of $180. Repeated phone calls to Rebecca have not been returned. A change in weather conditions, shouldn't mean a forfeit of monies.

Lousy customer service and a complete money hog rip off. Use another company as Rebecca will take your money and disappear.

1  Thank LRM321
Rebecca K, Owner at Savvy Savannah Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Saturday was a nice day here in Savannah. There was not a drop of rain during the lunch tour and the other patrons on the Savor tour enjoyed their experience thoroughly. When you purchased your tickets through a BARTER system the marketplace has "Reservations are required and tour goes Rain or shine. 24 hour cancellation notice is required if you need to cancel." Saturday morning when my guide called you to make sure you were on your way to the starting location you then informed her that you did not feel like going because it might rain. This was your choice. Plus you were not even going to call and cancel. We called you. Yes you did call my office and cell phone but every message you had left was in the exact tone of this review. Honestly I didn't call back because I didn't feel like being yelled at or bullied into refunding you when you clearly broke the policy. I am assuming that you own a business since you are with a Barter system in Atlanta and to me that means that you have rules and regulations and your own policy's to run a tight ship. My rules were clearly stated before you even made the purchase to take our tours.

This was your choice to cancel your reservation due to rain. YET this would have not been known if WE would have not had called you. I am keeping this review up for just a little time because I believe it sheds light on your own business integrity or lack their of and not mine. I am giving you time to take it down for we did nothing wrong here at Savvy Savannah Tours. NuBarter stands by my decision for no refund because it is clear to them that you were the one who just did not show up for the tour. Thank you for making this public and allowing me to stand firm on our Reservation policy.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

A date and I took this tour with Cyndie. We were the only two, which made the experience more personalized. Since the tour I have recommended others since I had such a great experience. If you are looking for something different and interesting you must take this tour; it will be an evening you will not forget. The next time I do a tour it will have to be the Savannah Shaken tour, which I've heard great things about.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went on the foodie tour with Cindy. Since I was the only one on the tour that day, I definitely had specialized service. Cindy and I immediately clicked and had a great connection. I had not expected a history lesson while eating my way around Saannah and was pleasantly surprised at how much I learned about Savannah and food while walking through this beautiful city. We went to some out of the way places that I never would have found on my own and as is typical in Savannah, everyone was sweet and informative. I highly recommend this tour with Cindy. As I said in the title, she really is FANTASTIC!!