“Food Tour with Food Snob”

Savvy Savannah Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Savvy Savannah advertises many different tours to choose from, all very affordable for tourists and residents. Some of their tours include Spiritual Savannah, a walking tour focusing on Savannah’s awe-inspiring church and synagogue architecture; Savannah Suds, a walking tour of craft beer and its impact in Savannah; and Scenes of Savannah Past, where guests use iPads to view photos of the city’s past, while walking past the photo’s current location. Savvy Savannah also has Savor Savannah, a food-tasting tour focusing on local eateries most people pass by, and Savanna Cinema, a walking tour of movie, television and music video locations in the city. All of their tours will require the joy of walking.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Wow!
I am a bit of a food snob( my friends would say more than "a bit") so I'm wary about the restaurants that I visit. I LOVE good food and good service but I HATE paying for either/or if they are substandard. I had relatives in town and I wanted to take them out to eat as well as give them a tour so I decided a food tour would be ideal.
We visited five restaurants and had a tasting at each one as well as a unique shop on Broughton street where we had desserts. Each one had a taste of a dish they are famous for and they were superb!
Cindy, our tour guide, was an invaluable font of history and captivated our imaginations with her descriptions of each dish we were about to savor.
If I were Siskel and Ebert they would definitely get "Two Thumbs Up"!
The tour costs is also a mere pittance of it's worth!

2  Thank Elizabeth N

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had an outstanding time on our tour last night. We went to 4 different fabulous and unique restaurants and all of the food was incredible. Rebecca did a fantastic job coordinating and guiding us around. Can not say enough good things about this tour!

1  Thank FirstOnTheRight
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Cyndie was our guide, lots of interesting facts and good food was had. Started at the Market Cafe with shimp and grits with collard greens, super good. The walk continued, we had bbq, fish and chips, bruschetta,balsamic vinegar sampling ,fried green tomatoes. Restaurants were prepared for our visit and seemed quite happy to see us. Food presentatation was very good and everything was tasty and well planned. Cyndie was a great guide with a lot of information on the places we visited as well as some Savannah history. Recommend you take on ist or 2nd day in Savannah to famliarize yourself with the area.

1  Thank travelpigOntario
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Took advantage of the tapas and libations tour a few weeks ago. Rebecca King was our tour guide, and was excellent. This walking tour entailed martinis, manhattans, and the best food I have ever tasted. The chef at Andaz was personal, exceptional, and made my evening! We saw some great sights along the way, and learned a great deal about this great city. Would definitly recommend this tour to get a taste of Savannah. Make sure you ask for Rebecca! I can't wait to do another tour!!

1  Thank T D
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We looked at several reviews before we chose this tour, and we were so glad we did. We have taken several food tours and this one was exceptional. There were only 6 of us in our group. Our guide Cindy was knowledgeable and fun and had a great sense of humor. As we walked, she shared some history of the city. The diversity of the food was wonderful. We had seafood, Italian, classic Southern, Scottish, and a surprise dessert on our six stops. There was a fair amount of walking, but the pace was leisurely with the stops in between. We did not find it to be at all overwhelming. If you are looking for something fun to do in Savannah, don't miss this tour!