“Personal tour”

Ranked #8 of 21 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Savvy Savannah advertises many different tours to choose from, all very affordable for tourists and residents. Some of their tours include Spiritual Savannah, a walking tour focusing on Savannah’s awe-inspiring church and synagogue architecture; Savannah Suds, a walking tour of craft beer and its impact in Savannah; and Scenes of Savannah Past, where guests use iPads to view photos of the city’s past, while walking past the photo’s current location. Savvy Savannah also has Savor Savannah, a food-tasting tour focusing on local eateries most people pass by, and Savanna Cinema, a walking tour of movie, television and music video locations in the city. All of their tours will require the joy of walking.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had Cindy as our tour guide and no one else signed up for our ghost tour time so it ended up being just our family. This turned out to be very beneficial! Cindy was so knowledgable about the homes and haunted locations in Savannah. Her stories even gave us goose bumps at times. It was nice to start at 8pm and work our way into the night. Don't feel like you have to do a tour after dark.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What great service from the tour guide Miss Cindy(ie) not sure how she spells her name. So, I will refer to her as Miss Cindy. Miss Cindy contacted me the day prior to be sure I was aware of the time and to notify me the meeting location had changed. She even provided me with her cell number if I had difficulty finding her the day of the tour. She took time out of her own schedule to contact me and this was very much appreciated.

I was surprised when I arrived on Monday July 8th and found I was the only participant. I told Miss Cindy she could have rescheduled the tour. She was very gracious and said she was aware of how valuable ones vacation time was and would not consider it. All I can say is Miss Cindy made me feel comfortable, as if I was having lunch with a dear friend. Miss Cindy has a vibrant, fun personality and this made the tour experience very good for me.

I was impressed with Miss Cindy's knowledge concerning the history of the establishments and the food history. Yes, I asked several questions and all were answered with enthusiasm. All locations visited served unique choices with their own flare.

If I had to pick one item I enjoyed the most it would have been the She-crab soup. Since, I consider myself a blue crab connoisseur living in the Delmarva area of the U.S. This creamy soup was delicious and not over cooked as is usually the case. I will not name this restaurant and spoil this for anyone.

There was not one aspect of this tour I did not enjoy. At every location we were provided water which was very much appreciated and you could have purchased any type of beverage, a nice touch.

My recommendation would be to book this food tour first and then re-align your original restaurant choices. Another suggestion would be to eat a very small breakfast as there was more than enough food to consider the selections lunch. In fact, I was very happily satisfied. I almost forgot if visiting during the summer be sure to wear sun screen, thanks to Miss Cindy for sharing with me. In fact, she gave me great shopping advice where to purchase the exact brand I have difficulty finding in the North East.

The tour was approximately two in half hours, with enough time to enjoy the company, the food, and the city. At no time did I ever feel hurried along.

Thank you, Miss Cindy for a very memorable day with you experiencing and eating my way through Savannah!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I live in Savannah and were very excited to take this tour! We finally had a chance to try restaurants we've been wanting to visit for a while. We started at the Andaz hotel, next Alligator Soul, then the Olde Pink House, followed by Noble Fare and finished at Form. At least one plate and glass of wine was served at each location, sometimes 2 or 3! The dishes ranged from scallops to beef tips and pork belly with some of the most amazing vegetables and sauces I've ever had. Rebecca King(Savvy Savannah Tours) and Jesse Blanco(Emmy-nominated Eat It and Like It show) were exceptionally knowledged, friendly and fun guides. This tour allows you to experience the best of the best in Savannah in a very way!

1  Thank Laura A
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I would seriously recommend taking this food tour your first day in Savannah - well, if you like to try the local foods anyway :) Cyndie was our hostess - and she was wonderful...a local, she was laid-back and lots of fun. We took a meandering walk around town while stopping a various places to try some of the best dishes we had tasted - and I say that AFTER already having spent 3 days in Savannah eating at many of the high end "hot" spots. Cyndie got a kick out of my experience with grits -"I have had instant grits", I said and she laughed so hard she cried...and it was so infectious it got us all laughing...what does a girl that lives in New England know about grits anyway??? let me tell you that the shrimp and grits we sampled was awesome. You should take this tour over any other - one of the places we stopped at we were enjoying some awesome fish and chips and while we were there another food tour came in, ate and left - or at least I think they had time to eat...they came and went so fast I am not sure!
Get a taste of the wonderful food Savannah has to offer when you first get to town and then you will have experience with a handful of great places to go to eat while you stay there.

1  Thank misscarlette
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We were in savannah during a monsoon! But that didn't stop Savy Tours... We went on food tasting and then on the martini tasting tour and had a blast. Down to earth ladies run this business and we wish them much success. Highly recommend their tours.

1  Thank 2girlsnconvertible