“Eat it and Like it Tour”

Savvy Savannah Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Savvy Savannah advertises many different tours to choose from, all very affordable for tourists and residents. Some of their tours include Spiritual Savannah, a walking tour focusing on Savannah’s awe-inspiring church and synagogue architecture; Savannah Suds, a walking tour of craft beer and its impact in Savannah; and Scenes of Savannah Past, where guests use iPads to view photos of the city’s past, while walking past the photo’s current location. Savvy Savannah also has Savor Savannah, a food-tasting tour focusing on local eateries most people pass by, and Savanna Cinema, a walking tour of movie, television and music video locations in the city. All of their tours will require the joy of walking.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I were on the Eat it and Like it Tour on Sunday Jan 20th and we really enjoyed ourselves. The restaurants we went to were Andaz, Alligator Soul, Maxwell's, Vics on the River, and Form. All were excellent but I really enjoyed the food and hospitality of Andaz...we felt welcome from beginning to end. Thank you Rebecca and Jesse Blanco for being wonderful hosts. This is a great tour for locals as well as tourists, and I will definitely recommend it to all my friends, family, and co-workers! Thanks again for a wonderful time!!

There are newer reviews for Savvy Savannah Tours

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We took both our history and ghost tours with this company and it was wonderful both times. The guide is very friendly, personal, and full of knowledge. Very impressed with the vast amounts of information as well as the personal stories that were included in both tours. Could not have asked for a better time!!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We took the December tour with Rebecca and Jesse Blanco of WTGS TV news. Restaurants this month were Andaz (former Avia), Alligator Soul, Noble Fare, Vic's on the River and FORM.

DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU GO. Each restaurant provided more than adequate servings of some of their signature dishes. Great way to experience some higher end restaurants for a reasonable price. Chefs met with the group and presented their dishes. Could not have asked for a more friendly reception at each restaurant. We were NOT treated like a fanny-pack wearing bus tour group (dress up a little bit for this one).

You may be presented with some foods that you do not normally eat. The whole point of the tour is to expand your food horizons, so take that bite....you may be surprised to find out you like it! Everything is expertly prepared with top of the line ingredients.

The event lasted from 6 pm until after 9pm. Rebecca and Jesse were great hosts and provided entertaining and informative information about the restaurants and their tour. After this tour, I look forward to trying some more of Rebecca's Saavy Savannah tours.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Thank you for one fun filled, foody, fabulous night! New friends, new foods, new wines, new restaurants - great tour!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We took the cinema scene tour the weekend following Thanksgiving. My family and I were the only ones on the tour. I really enjoyed walking to the different scene locations, and then being able to watch the scenes on an iPad. It was a memorable experience, and I would definitely recommend this tour to others. Cyndie is an excellent guide!