“We loved it so much, we went back that night”
Review of Old City Walks

Old City Walks
Ranked #11 of 144 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the ultimate Premium Private or Small-Group Walking Tour through America's most beautiful city with long-time Savannahian, Phillip Sellers and his staff. The best way to enjoy Savannah is sightseeing on foot with a professional guide whose home is in the heart of Savannah's Historic District. Join Old City Walks today for an entertaining insider's walking tour of Savannah. Certified by the Tour Guide Institute and City of Savannah.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We loved it so much, we went back that night”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love our Savannah vacations, and Old City Walks will certainly be a new staple during our future stays. First, we did the Antebellum tour with Phil, whom we met at Gallery Espresso. He is a super friendly bloke, and it was so nice to slow down and see Savannah from his perspective. We usually bike around town and miss the incredible detail at every turn that lends a certain je ne sais quoi. Phil really knows his way around the town, and as an established local, knows the hidden, fascinating details to point out to an untrained eye. After finishing up his tour, we returned that night for the Savannah Noir tour led by Chuck. This tour details the torrid and gruesome happenings in Savannah's historic district, offering a no-holds-barred peek at the grotesque underbelly of this polished port town. We loved both tours, and are so thankful to Phil for making our anniversary trip so rich with memories of the Savannah we have grown to love.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch Guide”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had a free afternoon in Savannah recently and opted for a walking tour with Phil from Old City Walks. What a great guide! I've been to Savannah many times over the years and have done the trolleys and carriages. I was attracted to Old City Walks because it offered an "Antebellum" tour (my favorite period of history) I saw details I had never noticed before: ironwork, hidden gardens, marble stairs, gas sconces...Phil is right up there with the best when it came to his narration. The next time I'm back in Savannah I will look forward to taking another Old City Walk!

“Great View of Savannah”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Phil gave a wonderful tour. He knew a lot about the city, it's history, and architecture. We will be sure to tell anyone traveling to Savannah to take a tour with him!

Anderson, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent "slice" of Savannah History”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I took a tour with Phil the day after St Patrick's Day, with a small group that totaled 8. We had not done a walking tour before, but we wanted to try it out. 2 years ago we took a bus tour around Savannah and sort of got the overall "feel" and history of Savannah. This city has so much history that Phil has broken it down into different talks, depending on what you are most interested in. We took the antebellum tour that included architecture as well as other aspects of pre-civil war life.

Phil is an excellent guide. He has been doing this for many years and his fund of knowledge is quite vast. History is most fun with stories about individuals, and Phil's tour is filled with stories. We hope to return and take some of his other tours.

New York City, New York
“Best Walking Tour in Savannah”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our Guide was Phillip the owner of Old City Walks... We took the 2 hour 10 am Antebellum tour which ended up being more like a 90 minute walking tour, he was even able to keep our teen girls engaged with his stories of the city... By far one of the Best tours I have been on....This is a must when Visiting Savannah.......