“Great tour!!!”
Review of Old City Walks

Old City Walks
Ranked #12 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the ultimate Premium Private or Small-Group Walking Tour through America's most beautiful city with long-time Savannahian, Phillip Sellers and his staff. The best way to enjoy Savannah is sightseeing on foot with a professional guide whose home is in the heart of Savannah's Historic District. Join Old City Walks today for an entertaining insider's walking tour of Savannah. Certified by the Tour Guide Institute and City of Savannah.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were vacationing in Hilton Head and decided to spend one day in Savannah. We had a great time with Chuck. He was very informative. The history of Savannah was awesome. We had a great tour of Savannah. I would do it again. My family had a great time.

1 Thank brnsuga

Chattanooga, Tennessee
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A Great Way of Touring Savannah”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Highly recommend this 'a must do activity' for anyone visiting Savannah. Wear comfortable shoes since there is a lot of walking. Tours last about 2 hrs.

My wife and I were eating breakfast at Clary’s and was speaking with the waitress about local dinning options when the gentleman eating at the next table spoke up and gave us a few suggestions. As the conversation proceeded we learned that he was also a local tour guide and we accepted his invitation to accompany him on his morning tour.

We took the Antebellum home tour with Phil Sellers on July 17th and was extremely pleased. His interaction with everyone in the group made us each feel like we were on our own personal tour. It was not only interesting because of his knowledge of Savannah from a historical perspective, but also because of his ability to connect with what we were seeing to Savannah's rich past. He knew about the houses, the people and some interesting back stories.

A walking tour is much more personable then being crammed into a hot trolley as your guide gives a rehearsed generic tour. Phil was personable, easy to listen to, and very responsive to all of our questions.

1 Thank Pablo G
Alexandria, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“King Cotton Savannah - Great Tour”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first visit to Savannah, and one of multiple trips by my in-laws, and we all greatly enjoyed the Kind Cotton walking tour. We got a great overview of the squares and history of Savannah. Our tour guide (Phil) was very knowledgable and eager to answer any questions we had. He took us to some of his favorite stops in town and went above and beyond during the tour. We loved his stories. Even though the original end time of the tour had passed, Phil stayed with us and told us more stories as we kept asking for more. He really made this a great trip to Savannah. We'll definitely use him again for other tours next time we're in town.

1 Thank Natalie J
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Phillip is an excellent guide. He combines a deep knowledge of Savannah history with just the right amount of folklore. We were lucky to have a small group on our tour. He expertly tailored it to our knowledge level. We all ending up booking him for another tour in the afternoon. We recommend Phillip to anyone visiting the Savannah area.

Lisa & Andy

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lisa W
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Insider's tour of Savannah”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As I scrolled through the tour reviews of Savannah tour guides this morning, I kept in mind that online rankings are heavily based on the number of people who actually take the time to write a review. I was intrigued by the other reviews of Old City Walks and am so glad I followed my instinct and booked a tour with Philip.

If you are interested in a tour that covers all the bases, is entertaining, and reflects the tour guide's love of this beautiful city, Old City Walks is the tour company for you. Savannah has many hidden treasures and Philip takes joy in sharing them. He also had an answer for every one of my many questions, which was very impressive!

One last thing-- Philip's recommendations for food and beverage in the area are impeccable and a great value for a visitor with limited time in Savannah. My tour today, a quick break from a business trip, has convinced me that another trip to Savannah-- a longer one-- is in order. I will definitely be booking another tour with Old City Walks on my next trip.

1 Thank Lori H
Phillip S, Owner at Old City Walks, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is always a delight to guide a guest into the heart of Historic Savannah and field questions along the way. Frequently, those questions open a new topic of interest or prompt a spontaneous venture off the beaten path. I look forward to another tour soon!