“Great experience”
Review of Old City Walks

Old City Walks
Ranked #12 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the ultimate Premium Private or Small-Group Walking Tour through America's most beautiful city with long-time Savannahian, Phillip Sellers and his staff. The best way to enjoy Savannah is sightseeing on foot with a professional guide whose home is in the heart of Savannah's Historic District. Certified by the Tour Guide Institute and City of Savannah. Join Old City Walks today for an entertaining insider's walking tour of Savannah. You'll be glad you did.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Phillip is an excellent guide. He combines a deep knowledge of Savannah history with just the right amount of folklore. We were lucky to have a small group on our tour. He expertly tailored it to our knowledge level. We all ending up booking him for another tour in the afternoon. We recommend Phillip to anyone visiting the Savannah area.

Lisa & Andy

1  Thank Lisa W
There are newer reviews for Old City Walks

Reviewed July 14, 2013

As I scrolled through the tour reviews of Savannah tour guides this morning, I kept in mind that online rankings are heavily based on the number of people who actually take the time to write a review. I was intrigued by the other reviews of Old City Walks and am so glad I followed my instinct and booked a tour with Philip.

If you are interested in a tour that covers all the bases, is entertaining, and reflects the tour guide's love of this beautiful city, Old City Walks is the tour company for you. Savannah has many hidden treasures and Philip takes joy in sharing them. He also had an answer for every one of my many questions, which was very impressive!

One last thing-- Philip's recommendations for food and beverage in the area are impeccable and a great value for a visitor with limited time in Savannah. My tour today, a quick break from a business trip, has convinced me that another trip to Savannah-- a longer one-- is in order. I will definitely be booking another tour with Old City Walks on my next trip.

1  Thank Lori H
Phillip S, Owner at Old City Walks, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It is always a delight to guide a guest into the heart of Historic Savannah and field questions along the way. Frequently, those questions open a new topic of interest or prompt a spontaneous venture off the beaten path. I look forward to another tour soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Phil was a great tour guide! His insight on Savannah history was vast, and best of all, entertaining. We took the Antebellum tour and not only saw some very beautiful Savannah homes, but learned a great deal about their architecture and history. I would recommend Phil and look forward to taking a different tour on my next trip to Savannah.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Phil is the BEST! We have been to Savannah several times and taken the "typical" tour. It always sounded like the person was reciting a script that they had memorized. Usually a SCAD student who was bored after his/her 15th tour of the day. Last time we went, we found Phil's brochures at a pub and decided to give him a call. He didn't have a regular tour scheduled, but agreed to meet my husband and I and give us a personal tour. It was a little over 2 hours and included incredible history, architecture, and the "back story" of some of Savannah's most famous and infamous characters. The best part is that he has lived in the historic area himself for many years and he personally has some history with those same characters. It is a walking tour, however... so be prepared to walk and cover lots of Savannah territory. Highly recommend him!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Phil was a delightful Southern host. The mix of history, architecture, and folklore was complemented by a unique personal touch that made this tour a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing him again on our next visit.

-Ben & Rachel