“Friendly and informative”
Review of Old City Walks

Old City Walks
Ranked #12 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the ultimate Premium Private or Small-Group Walking Tour through America's most beautiful city with long-time Savannahian, Phillip Sellers and his staff. The best way to enjoy Savannah is sightseeing on foot with a professional guide whose home is in the heart of Savannah's Historic District. Join Old City Walks today for an entertaining insider's walking tour of Savannah. Certified by the Tour Guide Institute and City of Savannah.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly and informative”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

What a pleasant way to spend an afternoon hearing delightful tales of Savannah's unsung female heroines. Our teenage children were engaged and were delighted when the tour included a stop at leopolds ice cream.

Fairview
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Absolute BEST Tours of Savannah”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

As a history teacher, I am always looking for a tour that will provide glimmers of insight into our past. Not myths or fabricated ghost tales, but real tidbits I can use to help students better appreciate the world. I finally found such a tour with Sellers and Higgins. Our guide, Mr. Sellers, was phenomenal. We took the Backstory Tour and loved it so much that we took the Antebellum Tour two days later. Your guide, in his trademark pith helmet, will greet you promptly at the scheduled time, and you instantly feel as though you’ve known each other forever. No question goes unanswered, even those unrelated to the tour (they can recommend great places for lunch, drinks, snacks, etc). The walking pace is leisurely and the guide will caution you of any uneven steps or changes in terrain. He will also stop for water and restroom breaks at reasonable intervals. Mr. Sellers pointed out wonderful photo opportunities that made my vacation photos look like works of art. In just an hour with Mr. Sellers, I learned more and saw more beauty in the city than I have in 5 years of visiting Savannah. His stories are entertaining and backed by historical research. Of course he shares the usual myths and folklore, but he also takes the time to explain what really happened separate from what has been concocted to entertain tourists. He even pointed out the intricacies in bricks and ironwork around the city. It was like I was seeing Savannah for the first time. This is an example of truly remarkable storytelling by a gifted conversationalist. Don’t waste your money on trolley tours that speed by points of interest. Take your time and really get a feel for Savannah by walking with Sellers and Higgins.

Visited August 2012
Savannah, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Local says it's a great tour.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have lived in Savannah for a few years and with every new guest comes another tour. I can’t say I have tried all the others but I have tried a lot of them. Even those that promise to cover more than others rarely add much new information and while I still enjoy them the tours tend to cover the same old thing. Yesterday I took the Antebellum tour with a touch of the Woman of Savannah tour. Finally, this was a tour that kept my attention the whole time and actually provided new information about the beautiful city of Savannah. I’ll be back with the next guest.

Visited August 2012
Savannah, GA
“Best Walking Tour in Savannah!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was by far the best walking tour in Savannah. I've been on a few others and there were either too many people to hear or see anything that was going on (directed by one person...) or there was a bunch of historical nonsense thrown at us without context. I thought that our guide, Phil, was extremely knowledgeable about Savannah history, and he made the tour fun and interesting. We did the Backstory Tour, and it was great. Definitely keep 2 hours free so you'll have lots of time to ask questions along the way. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great walking tour in the city.

Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting, entertaining”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Mr. Tellers was a terrific tour guide -- knowledgeable, interesting, and a good story teller. Much better than the mediocre "ghost tour" we took the previous evening.

Visited July 2012