“What you pay for is what you get”

Suburban Extended Stay Abercorn
Ranked #90 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here for one night on August 3, 2013. I will say that the gentleman that checked me in that evening was very kind and courteous. As far as the double twin bed room that I was in. I did not like how the beds were. My niece was with me and she spotted a couple of roaches. I had to get some clorox spray cleaner and cleaned the shower because the bottom of the shower looked dirty. I did not like how I had to swipe the key card a million times just to get the door open. I do like the fact that they have wi-fi, microwave, and refrigerator for the price that I paid. The only time I will be staying here is if I am on a tight budget. They need to make a lot of improvements.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Abercorn

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent 6 nights here in July 2013. The first room we were given didn't have a frig, so we called the desk and they moved us to another room, which was fine. We were there to see Savannah and didn't need much but a place to sleep and shower. There are no amenities (they do have Wi-Fi) and they only clean the rooms once a week since it's an extended stay facility. We asked for clean towels and they gave them to us, no problem. The kitchen was an added bonus, which we used every morning for coffee and breakfast as we got ready to start our day. The rooms are small, only one full-size bed, but it had everything we needed, table & chairs, TV, alarm, kitchen, Bathroom, etc. The room, floors and walls, could have been cleaner, but for the price, I wasn't expecting the Ritz. There was some road construction going on, (orange barrels), when we were there but it didn't cause much of a problem getting in and out of the hotel. It is about 5 miles outside of the Historic District but we drove into town and parked at the Visitor Center (if you are parked there after 5 pm, parking is free) and took the Free DOT bus everywhere. It was cheaper than a campground, which is where I was going to stay, I have a van camper. Overall, my experience was a pleasant one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank candlwyk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is nasty...green mildew in bathroom holes in sheets and just plain nasty with rude staff. Who told me that I was just being picky!!!!! They were nasty and no one should stay there...You would rather sleep in your car,

Room Tip: Book near airport
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank n h
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place was so gross and so scary. There were cracked out people hanging in the halls and stared you down. We didn't want to touch anything and stood in the middle of the room while I called around for other hotels. The bathroom was dirty and there was blood on the wall by the table. There was no way we could stay here so we went to give back the key. They wouldn't give back my money because they claimed we were there more than a hour. We left anyway because losing the money was better than having to stay in that room. It was a disgusting, scary, horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank bluberyiz
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed one night for 4 person family. Smell old carpet upon walking in. One out of two towels was clean. Bed linen and pillow cases were not change. PUBIC HAIRS were all over the bed. The sofa bed were much cleaner with unused and clean sheets. One little shampoo and soap. Bring your own shampoo if more than one, conditioner if needed, coffee, sugar, air freshener, clean bed sheet and pillow cases, and clean towels. If you're living like in a pig pent, this is the place to stay for cheap!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Travelers330
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed one night as stopover on long trip. Easy to find from I-95, and easy access to downtown.

Room was VERY small and bed felt lopsided, as if it was going to collapse, but was fairly comfortable. Everything looked old, but was clean enough. TV and internet were decent.

Didn't use the microwave, but the refrigerator barely kept anything cold and the freezer would NOT make ice, even after overnight.

Didn't see or hear crack deals or loud partying as previous reviewer did, even though it was a Saturday night.

OK for a quick stop, would look elsewhere and spend more for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joe O
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The motel is well located, about 7 miles from the historic district but I will not stay again if other options are available in the same price range. There is no comparison between this and my recent stays at two Extended Stay Americas'. The room is very small, no chair except at a small table, and unless you are near 6 feet tall you will not be able to see in the microwave oven. To be fair, the room was clean and it will meet your basic needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business